Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Belgium 2012 free photoscenery

The first file no matter which one you click, 2012.7z.013 or 01 is File Size: 198.35MB is that a valid exe file?

Dear fellow on them. Simmers,

I am very keen to get scenery for Belgium but don't seem to be able to download these. It seems the links do noting when I click on them. An help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Hi, Michael. Welcome to Avsim. :smile:

Find the links in this post. http://forum.avsim.n...75#entry2420761 You can pick Mediafire or Sendspace as the filehoster in use. I've just tried both with the first archive and both worked.

Can you describe what's preventing the download for you? I'm using Firefox as browser, but I think any modern browser will do. On the Mediafire site, you will need Flash. The interface is done that way.

I'd recommend Mediafire since Sendspace seems to apply a very low limit on the speeds.

I've just tried the extra autogen packages from your tips, guys. So far, they are working without any edits needed and enhance the whole place. Highly recommended! :dance:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373789-belgium-2012-free-photoscenery/page__st__75#entry2420022

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373789-belgium-2012-free-photoscenery/page__st__100#entry2421101

I managed to create autogen for all of Belgium

Some forest are still not filled with autogen trees, but that's due to the data I got via openstreetmap.

Next version I'll try to add the waterways and roads.

Buildings are a next step, but then I'll need to exclude the cities, or tall buildings will become regular houses ;)

here is the link:

http://www.m-release...lgium_trees.rar

I managed to create autogen for all of Belgium

Really? Sounds like some great progress. I will test your trees soon.

I mean, every man should plant a tree, right? ^_^

Looking good on the trees and placement. While the screenshots may only establish a subtle impression on the added detail, the moving sim pictures improve a lot over flat photo scenery.

35161234.th.jpg

ag2b.th.jpg

I mean, the big thing about that addition is that it covers the whole country. Keep em coming! I now wonder if one can combine all the autogen packages.

I have those running so far and they are working nicely together.

http://forum.avsim.n...75#entry2420022

http://forum.avsim.n...00#entry2421101

How to I use these autogens?

I tried creating a seperate folder just for these autogens but I am unable to add them to the scenery.

Do I have to copy all these autogen texture files to the original belgiumm texture folder?

Manny

OK I added P Penguin's rar file and then this belgium-the-west-flanders_-autogen-v1.zip to the Texture folder..There seemed to be some duplicates which I overwrote. Are there more autogen treen files that I need to add?

There is a Brussels HD scenery thats on top but that doesn't have any trees.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Posted Today, 10:29 PM

Do I have to copy all these autogen texture files to the original belgium texture folder?

Manny

Yes you must put everything in the textures folder.

For me you get the nicest result with:

1. Belgium 2012 (autogen packages included) and Brussels HD

2 .Add the files from Pinguin_be to BOTH ( i did NOT let overwrite ) : Yes there are trees in Brussels then !

3. Add the file belgium-the-west-flanders_-autogen-v1.zip (avsim.com library) from Dominique DZIEDZICZAK only to Belgium 2012 ( and LET overwrite !! )

Somebody another/better combination?

The duplicate files are indeed normal, as de filename of the agn file is reflecting the location ;)

So the last one copied, that one will be used.

I'll try to combine both autogen packages.

I'm currently trying to add waterclasses, but I can't see the water yet :(

I wonder if the projection used for the photo scenery has the correct projection or correct altitudes

Great idea to combine them all. Would be a blast. Keep up the good work. :smile:

What I did :

1. Install Brussels HD above Belgium 2012
  2. Autogen Belgium : copy EBBR_ Trees.bgl file to Brussels HD scenery folder
  3. Autogen Belgium : copy all texture files to Belgium 2012 texture folder
  4. Belgium_Trees : copy all texture files to Belgium 2012 texture folder
  5. belgium-the-west flanders_-autogen-v1 : copy all texture files to Belgium 2012 texture folder and let overwrite all duplicate files
  6. brusseltextv1 : copy all texture files to Brussels HD texture folder

Regarding the Brussels area : I do not know which package puts the most autogen trees there ( Belgium_Trees or brusseltextv1 ).

If someone can try it and let us know, we can choose the version with the most trees.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi,

Questions about the autogen. I am writing a more detailed tutorial for my scenProc tool now and I used this scenery and the area around Luxembourgh as example. Then I saw in this thread that some work on autogen has already been done.

Did you guys in the end succeed to cover the whole of the scenery with forests? Else I can probably help a bit.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi Arno,

Glad you jumped in ;)

The reason why I didn't got the whole of Belgium covered with autogen, is that the data I could fetch from shapefiles did not cover all of the forests.

A nice add-on for your tutorial would be a list with sample picture of the guid that are usable :)

The guid I used now was one I found from an other config file ;)

Hi,

Questions about the autogen. I am writing a more detailed tutorial for my scenProc tool now and I used this scenery and the area around Luxembourgh as example. Then I saw in this thread that some work on autogen has already been done.

Did you guys in the end succeed to cover the whole of the scenery with forests? Else I can probably help a bit.

Not wanting to disturb the autogen topic. In fact, I'm happy that it's alive.

But I have a free patch of default scenery shining through at these coordinates. Is that a thing on my end or do you folks see it too?

patchqi.jpg