Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Belgium 2012 free photoscenery

Hi guys,

I have some problems with this scenery. So first I put all the files in 1 folder and I extract the first file but at the end of the extraction I receive 67 error ( 67 broken files) what do I have to do now?

Sander

Hi Gerard,

I've downloaded your mavellous "Belgium 2012" photo scenery from the 'sendspace.com' links of CoolP.

Everything works fine and and I'd like to say THANK YOU for that stunning job :clapping: . GREAT !!!

One question concerning the included autogen in this download:

I'm not shure which of the free versions of "autogen for belgium" are included in that dowload :blink: ?

I guess, that the included autogen is identical with your free autogen download found on AVSIM

(Belgium 2012 Trees by Aime Leclercq and Gerard Salden, AVSIM-ID: 170244)...

Is that right ??

I've additionally downloaded the following AVSIM packages:

1. Belgium, The West Flanders - autogen V1 of Dominique Dziedziczak (AVSIM-ID: 169246)

2. BELGIUM Autogen buildings and vegetation of Dominique Dziedziczak (AVSIM-ID: 170455)

After unpacking this stuff, I've added it to the appropriate texture folder of your scenery.

I didn't have to "overwrite" any files, so I guess that his stuff is additional ?!

Furthermore, when I fly through your scenery, I can't find any faults caused by "wrong autogen"...

So, would you recommend to add this 2 packages of autogen to your scenery ?

Thanks for you reply in advance B)

Regards

uenue

The latest version of Belgium 2012 has allready all autigen and Afcad files inluded.

Hi guys,

I have some problems with this scenery. So first I put all the files in 1 folder and I extract the first file but at the end of the extraction I receive 67 error ( 67 broken files) what do I have to do now?

Sander

You have to select all files at once and then unpack.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Guest uenue

Hi Gerard,

thanks for your reply concerning my "Autogen Questions", but I think, that there are still some obscurities:

1) the last (?) version of "Belgium 2012 Photo" which I've downloaded contains 1.499 file of autogen in the 'texture' folder

2) exactly the same number of autogen files could be found in the AVSIM archive (Belgium 2012 Trees by Aime Leclercq and Gerard Salden, AVSIM-ID: 170244)

So, I guess that these archive and the content of the "last version" of "Belgium 2012 Photo" are the same ?! I'm right ?

3) In the AVSIM archive BELGIUM Autogen buildings and vegetation of Dominique Dziedziczak (AVSIM-ID: 170455) you will find more than 19.432 autogen files (!!).

4) In the AVSIM archive Belgium, The West Flanders - autogen V1 of Dominique Dziedziczak (AVSIM-ID: 169246) you will find another 2.181 autogen files (!!).

My questions:

a.) is this stuff fitting for your fine scenery ?

b.) is this stuff additional to "your" included autogen ?

c.) or, if a.) and b.) were 'negative', what the hell is that stuff for ??? :blink:

Thank you in advance for your answer :rolleyes:

Regards

uenue

p.s I want to emphasize again, what kind of marvellous job you did with this fine scenery im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Hi Stephen,

I did not post torrent links. I was just asking if the new package from Gerald is avalable from other sources, because his links are expired. So why was my post deleted?

Martin Renner

Links to freeware are not allowed? A torrent for such a large size file is proven to be the best and fastest route.

Just curious as to why this wouldn't be allowed as the developer gave the ok to share His work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A torrent for such a large size file is proven to be the best and fastest route.

Exactly. Sounds a little like we're cutting off the nose to spite the face. It isn't the delivery mechanism that CAN contain issues, it's the source material. In this case the author OK's it so I'm failing to see the issue.

Sadly the links Coolp provided (although very kind of him to do so) have significant restrictions to it. Only one file downloading at a time, and restricted to 1GB per day. I may never be able to pull it down at that rate. Perhaps Avsim can provide means to support these large files?

- Aaron

Could it be that folks relate torrent automatically to 'pirates'?

I haven't found anything about actual torrent links being forbidden in the Avsim terms of service, so my guess would be that the above misconception took place.

You folks are perfectly right, a torrent is a nice and easy way to spread such big installations. Same as the NL2000 guys do it, having even larger amounts of data to share. The BitTorrent system itself is a commonly used one, same for the peer-to-peer mechanics.

Gerard (being the author) also approved the other download sources for his work and Aaron is correct, the free file hoster serves may contain restrictions on downloading. Perhaps that torrent misconception can be cleared up then. :smile:

There is one thing that makes me a little bit angry: My post did not contain any links to torrent files. I was just asking if there are other download sources - including torrent links. Even if torrent links are not welcome in this forum (but I couldn't find anything in the terms), the staff could simply remove the torrent links from the specific post. But in my case, the staff deleted the whole posting. That is not nice! BTW: Posting #143 is still in place and this one does contain torrent links. :O

So, unfortunately, Gerald and CooIP could not read my "thank you for this work" and the feedback, that I can confirm the empty patch near EBUL in the bundle of CooIP. Too bad....

As Avsim does not host such large files, I would welcome a statement from the staff, what we should do to share large sceneries.

Martin Renner

Martin, I'd understand your feelings if that torrent buzzword triggered the deleting action. But we don't know that yet.

If you guys like, I can set up an upload of Gerard's latest files again. No torrent but Mediafire or something like that, means some http download. Just leave your suggestions on the file hoster services you would like to see. As long as they are free, I can do it. :smile:

As a matter of fact, all of these http download options only last some 30 days, sometimes 60 I think. This describes the time span of no activity though, so as long as they get downloaded every 29 days for example, they will last.

With Gerard's initial hoster service, this wasn't the case. The time span was fixed to 30 days, no matter how much downloads happened.

This is just to explain why a torrent does make sense indeed.

It doesn't make sense to disallow something because some people misuse it. If that were the case we'd all have to be locked in tiny padded cells.

At any rate, I'll keep plugging away at the Sendspace service as long as it is available, and I appreciate CoolP for making that effort, and of course for the developer for putting it together. Thanks gents.

- Aaron

NL2000 (freeware NL scenery) is also offered via Torrents. So sharing those links isn't allowed?

I was really hoping to find some torrent links to the Belgium scenery. I just installed NL2000 (partially) and I love it! I'd love to have Belgium scenery, too. Preferably via Torrents.

Sadly after downloading all 13 files I get an "unspecified error" trying to extract them. Guess I have to take a miss on this one.

- Aaron

Aaron, search this very thread on some suggestions. Sounds much like 7Zip can't develop it's unpacking powers.

On the torrent links, I think the links for the older package are still there. But as long as posts including the bad word get deleted, I doubt that anybody will set up links for the later package from Gerard.

My offer still stands, I can upload to some free file hosters of your choice. I will also use a different packer, although 7Zip works fine for me, some folks seem to run into trouble with it. :(