Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Belgium 2012 free photoscenery

I can setup a new mediafire upload of your stuff, Gerard. I will start right away. But expect my upload to last a day or so, so I will post the links when I'm done.

Mediafire caps file sizes at 200mb, so there will be many. Of which they could also be uploaded to Avsim, if Gerard was so inclined?

Mediafire caps file sizes at 200mb, so there will be many. Of which they could also be uploaded to Avsim, if Gerard was so inclined?

Tom says in post #232 and #234, that the file size of Avsim was increased to 500 mb. So the scenery could be uploaded to Avsim. That would be much better than our current torrent solution or third party share hosters.

Martin Renner

My thinking is that the Avsim upload is indeed very useful but I can only see the original author (in this case Gerard) using it. I won't upload another one's work to Avsim, hence my sticking with the file hosters.

Mediafire should be done in some hours.

Here's a fresh upload to Mediafire. It's packed twice since I just took the author's big files and then packed them again to allow for the Mediafire 200mb limit.

You don't need to sign up to download them. I there was any trouble with the files, please let me know. 20 rar archives. The download site needs flash and javascript in your browser. http://www.mediafire...tprhu8uyhy8h252

Download all 20 files and place them in a single folder. Then unrar and you will get 4 resulting archives.

Belgium 2012.part1.rar 1.86gb

Belgium 2012.part2.rar 1.86gb

Belgium 2012.part3.rar 42mb

Blegium 2012 Grey Areas patch.rar 4mb

Those are the ones with the actual scenery. Means, when you extract them, you get the folders you want to add to FSX.

On a side note. I'm a bit unhappy about the new placement of the thread. We are in the photoreal support forum now and I really think that people will miss this nice scenery just because of that. I actually never look into that forum, I admit. :mellow:

Guest uenue

@CooIP

thanks for uploading Gerards great scenery to a "functional" hoster (Mediafire is a very fair hoster for that purpose...).

Although Gerard published a patch for the "three grey areas" near the german border, they still be present in my installation :(

I don't use "VFR Germany" by Aerosoft and put the Belgium scenery below the NL2000 installation - no difference at all.

If there's any hint to fix that issue, I'll be very pleased :-)

Regards

uenue

p.s. unfortunately, Gerard is NOT facing that issue on his installation, so debugging is very difficult, if not impossible for him...

Hello Gerard,

thank you for the last answer.

Would it be possible to post how many files are in every folder, which ist the original size of each folder.

Its only a little rectangle but you can see it from every corner - it is a pity... I realy dont know what to do with this problem...

@CoolIP,

do you still have the missing texture problem/ the texture is also missed in the downloads above?

regards

Thomas

Guest uenue

Hi Gerard,

everything works fine now – no „grey areas" !!

I have to reinstall the NL2000 scenery and then the grey areas are gone. That's it :-)

Neither a reinstallation of your scenery nor a different priority in the FSX lib affected the grey areas.

However, now the issue is fixed and I’m going to say THANKS again :-)

Regards

uenue

Hi,

I have a new PC, so I thought that I could test the problem with the gray areas on a fresh installation of FSX. So I installed FSX with Acceleration Pack and UTX, GEX and REX Essentials. No other addons or sceneries so far.

Then I installed Belgium 2012 and the "gray areas" patch. I can confirm, that those gray areas still exists - even with the patch. I copied those four files from the patch RAR into "Belgium 2012\scenery" and restarted FSX. But it still displays those gray areas with the text "No Tile found".

So I just hope that the next IVAO VFR tour won't bring us to EHBK :rolleyes:

Regards,

Martin

Martin Renner

To answer your question on the texture-less area. I still have it, even with the latest files and regardless of other addons being active or not. :(

texdd.th.jpg

I also have the grey ones in the East, even with autogen. These two pictures are taken with just Belgium2012 being active.

greyr.th.jpg

grey2r.th.jpg

If I enable NL2000, I lose all grey areas, except for that one.

grey3a.th.jpg

grey4e.th.jpg

I don't have a clue how to help with troubleshooting or at least finding the cause. Sorry folks. :blush: That's why my upload just featured the pure files from Gerard, no edits of any kind. Just to avoid that my handling adds some errors to them.

Thank you folks, I see I am not alone. I also have the missing texture problem on a virgin fsx. To me, that means there is a difference between Gerards files and our files - not a configuration problem.

So Gerard please realize it - we need your help again :rolleyes: !

To answer your question on the texture-less area. I still have it, even with the latest files and regardless of other addons being active or not. :(

If I enable NL2000, I lose all grey areas, except for that one.

grey3a.th.jpg

grey4e.th.jpg

Just checked Belgium 2012 with NL2000 and Germany VFR turned off.

Only this last screenshot showing missing textures I have too on my pc.

So for that I made a small patch which also includes the other patch.

I suggest that you should use NL2000 also , which is also freeware and a great scenery.

That should solve all.

http://wtrns.fr/5EkPpvpeKL3t_A

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hello Gerard,

thank you for the last patch. Do you intend to solve the grey area and the texture-less problem with the patch? After installing the the texture-less area still exist. Although it is not the problem on your system, give us a last chance to solve this problem to perhaps with a smal download only for this area. Thank you

Hello Gerard,

thank you for the last patch. Do you intend to solve the grey area and the texture-less problem with the patch? After installing the the texture-less area still exist. Although it is not the problem on your system, give us a last chance to solve this problem to perhaps with a smal download only for this area. Thank you

Like I wrote before I do not have that grey area on my system and the last time I have uploaded the complete scenery.

The latest patch contains an earlier patch and textures that solved the issue near the German border.

The other areas shown in the sceenshots I do not have, so I cannot fix a problem that is not there on my system.

I have asked 2 other Fs friends and they looked at the same place and they also had no issies.

Nex week I will upload the complete scenery for the last time.

Every time it takes more than 3 hours to do so.

Just delete what you have right now and replace them with those uploads.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Hi Gerard

First let me congratulate you on an excellent job.Like others I too had the missing texture problem but your latest patch has corrected that apart from the fact that the colouring of the tiles is blue/grey rather than the vivid green of the rest of the scenery.Is this normal?

Best wishes

Ian