Sign in to follow this  
MagicPhantom

NGX Reboot sound is the wrong way round (left/right)

Hello folks,

it drives me to dispair:

I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home, installed all necessary drivers and of course Prepar3D v3.4 with addons, aircraft included (PMDG 737NGX, 777, 747 QOTS II, Aerosoft Airbus A318-320), of course FS2Crew for B737, B777 and Airbus. From the beginning my sound in FS2Crew ist mixed up most of the time (left is right and right is left, not only FS2Crew but also the 737 sounds) and ONLY with the 737, seldom it has the right sides, very seldom sound sides change in flight. No matter if I use stereo 2 CH or surround 7.1 CH. I've excluded all possibilities that came into my mind to handle that error, found some answers in several forums that didn't help me. No problems with other programs/games.

Does/did anyone of you have the same problem and can help me out? Is there a logfile that can help? It's very annoying if the checks come from the left ear and the checks (e.g. oxygen) com from the wrong side.

My measures up to now:
- Newest versions of aircraft, FS2Crew, sound drivers
- FS2Crew, P3D and PMDG set to Sennheiser headset
- Headphone out/in USB before starting P3D (helped one time)
- Uninstall/Reinstall of PMDG and FS2Crew

I hope, anyone of you has an answer. And btw: yes, UAC is off, FS2Crew Configurator started in Admin Mode anyway, P3D installed outside of "Programs", i. e. C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3.

My specs: Intel i7-6850K @3,6 GHz (OC 4.2 GHz), ASUS Rampage V Extreme, 32GB DDR4-RAM, Windows 10 Home 64bit, 2 x nVidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti 11GB SLI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro 1TB, Sennheiser PC 363D Headset

Greetings,

Andreas

Andreas Kindgen, EDFC

If left is coming out of right and vice versa, are you sure your speakers are plugged in properly?

Sometimes it can be as simple as that, and since you said more than FS2Crew is affected, then definitely start there.

Failing that, I'd roll your audio driver back.  It's possible your audio driver may have an issue with the new Windows Creators update.

Have you checked the Asus forums?

What if you just speakers and not the headset?

Hi Bryan,

the speakers are plugged in correctly (headphone and micro jack in the connector box and that plugged into the PC via USB). All other aircraft with FS2Crew work properly!

The sound driver is for Windows 10. Rolling back would mean a driver for Windows 7. Maybe worth a try. I don't have the Windows Creator update yet.

I have checked almost every forum where I could find sound problems.

I only use my headset, will check the speakers.

Maybe I found the problem. In the event manager I found a "sidebyside" problem with RAAS. So I looked for RAAS in P3D and found it only configured for the T7, no possibility to load B738 in spite of having the full version. So I reinstalled RAAS. Although being indicated the same error in the event manager, the last three times I started a flight with PMDG 738 the sound was on the appropriate side then. Will continue my tests and keep you updated.

EDIT: The RAAS was not the problem. The initialization started well, but after "I'm out for the walkaround" the sound changed the sides. Now I'm trying another variant: I plugged the headset into a USB 2.0 Port (before USB 3.0). For the first start of a flight it worked correct. Let's see if it remains.

Andreas Kindgen, EDFC

Was it really that easy? Three flights from my last post and no problems!

But I changed TWO things:
1. I plugged the headset into a USB 2.0 Port
2. My new rig has a 1000W power adaptor, my last was on 850W. The plug was plugged into a power strip (together with my three monitors) until now. So I thought there could be some fluctuations of current and plugged it into a single wall socket.

Don't know which of my measures was the responsible one but it works now!

I'm happy!

Greatings,
Andreas

Andreas Kindgen, EDFC