Sign in to follow this  
JWMuller

Saab 340A with XP11.00 (stable)

Hi all,

I want to purchase the Take Command! Saab 340A, however first I need to know whether it works properly with X-Plane 11.00 (NOT BETA). Does it work properly with it?

Are there any major bugs? And when will there be an update for it to be compatible with v11?

Thanks,

JWMuller

Snipped from the X-Pilot forums:

The update/upgrade path is as follows:

1. The Saab v1.3 is the current production version available in the store,

1. There will be a v1.4 update for XP10 (only), which will include most of the bug fixes and some enhancements discussed in these forums. 

2. There will be a v1.5 update for XP11 (only) which will be the same as v1.4 and simply allow the aircraft to load and run in XP11. This will NOT include new textures to take advantage of the new XP11 lighting.  In addition, Austin has made some significant changes to the flight model (especially turboprops) and we will NOT be adjusting for those changes with this version of the Saab.  So, although the aircraft will load and run without crashes, the engine and flight performance may not be exactly as it was in XP10.

3. There will be a v2.0 for XP11 (only).  This will, in essence, be a whole new aircraft.  It will include all new 3D modeling, texturing, and coding.  We will be adding additional system modeling and other new features. 

I hope this provides a clear understanding of the upgrade path.  

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

30 minutes ago, JWMuller said:

Hi all,

I want to purchase the Take Command! Saab 340A, however first I need to know whether it works properly with X-Plane 11.00 (NOT BETA). Does it work properly with it?

Are there any major bugs? And when will there be an update for it to be compatible with v11?

Thanks,

JWMuller

To add to Jim's response about how it works in 11.  It mostly works fine, I haven't found any major issues.  The one issue is that engines are much more powerful than they were in v10.  Taxiing can be a challenge, but in-flight you can go a bit faster.

It also works just fine for me. In the early betas it was completely broken so you might see some posts about how it doesn't work, but from ~b15 onward to today's 11.00 it works just fine. It isn't optimized for XP11's new features, so you'll have to copy the GNS430 folder from XP10 and the whole plane looks a bit too shiny, but it flies just fine. 

I find the autopilot doesn't work in XP11.

And as others have noted, otherwise works (with higher engine output.)

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

12 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

Can the engine output be adjusted in plane maker?

John

My suggestion, don't adjust engine output.  The entire engine model is custom coded.  Changing things may yield unpredictable results.  If you DO want to make any changes, make a backup of the acf first.  

17 hours ago, Jimm said:

1. There will be a v1.4 update for XP10 (only), which will include most of the bug fixes and some enhancements discussed in these forums. 

2. There will be a v1.5 update for XP11 (only) which will be the same as v1.4 and simply allow the aircraft to load and run in XP11. This will NOT include new textures to take advantage of the new XP11 lighting.  In addition, Austin has made some significant changes to the flight model (especially turboprops) and we will NOT be adjusting for those changes with this version of the Saab.  So, although the aircraft will load and run without crashes, the engine and flight performance may not be exactly as it was in XP10.

3. There will be a v2.0 for XP11 (only).  This will, in essence, be a whole new aircraft.  It will include all new 3D modeling, texturing, and coding.  We will be adding additional system modeling and other new features. 

When do you think v2.0 will come out?

Thanks,

JWMuller

17 hours ago, Jimm said:

How much will the upgrade to v2.0 be? About $20 USD or something?

1 minute ago, JWMuller said:

How much will the upgrade to v2.0 be? About $20 USD or something?

The full text with discussion: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/11873-xplane-11/#comment-117247

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

17 hours ago, gpb500 said:

To add to Jim's response about how it works in 11.  It mostly works fine, I haven't found any major issues.  The one issue is that engines are much more powerful than they were in v10.  Taxiing can be a challenge, but in-flight you can go a bit faster.

Thanks

19 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I find the autopilot doesn't work in XP11.

IT's working fine here.  Are you clicking both levers (in the middle of the two) and holding them up for a sec or two?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

IT's working fine here.  Are you clicking both levers (in the middle of the two) and holding them up for a sec or two?

I stand corrected. I just did some testing and the AP worked just fine. Obviously I did something wrong the flight where I couldn't get it working.

BTW, this is a great aircraft add on. I don't have too many fixed wing add ons for X-Plane, but this one is super.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

4 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I stand corrected. I just did some testing and the AP worked just fine. Obviously I did something wrong the flight where I couldn't get it working.

BTW, this is a great aircraft add on. I don't have too many fixed wing add ons for X-Plane, but this one is super.

Thanks, Richard!  

19 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Thanks, Richard!  

I agree it's super, but Citations are cooler har har!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |