Sign in to follow this  
Pascal70

Missing Texture of GTN750

I too had missing textures around the GTN 750--did the suggested fix and thanks!

Tried the ADF like others posted and same problem here as well--maybe it is just missing "click spots". It renders this radio inoperative which is too bad. Guess we should file a ticket with Carenado.

Has anyone tried to "turbo-charge" this version? I believe there was a third party turbo-charged revision for the previous version of this aircraft.

Raymie

The most recent download has the GTN surround fixed.

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

The most recent download has the GTN surround fixed.

Thanks for the heads up Bert.

Only the GTN bezel? Is the ADF fixed?

Rafael Henrique Carelli

51 minutes ago, zazaboeing said:

Thanks for the heads up Bert.

Only the GTN bezel? Is the ADF fixed?

Nope - not yet..

Bert

I just downloaded and installed version 2.1 and to my surprise there is (still) no GTN bezel. I checked those two files GTN750_BG.dds and GTN750_BG_night.dds and found both to be present in the texture.COMMON folder.

Has anybody had the same problem and possibly found a solution?

Felix

Here i can see the bezel but it looks  too dark. I copied the two files from another aircraft but still too dark.

Real Deraps

5 hours ago, Flyfox said:

I just downloaded and installed version 2.1 and to my surprise there is (still) no GTN bezel. I checked those two files GTN750_BG.dds and GTN750_BG_night.dds and found both to be present in the texture.COMMON folder.

Has anybody had the same problem and possibly found a solution?

That surprises me.. did you uninstall the previous version?  Or at least delete or rename the airplane folder for the C337..

I assume you ran the GTN exe app..  After that:

Does the ADF frequency swap work (just a test to see what you have installed)..

Bert

This is the first installation of the 337 since I setup a new computer. It's Windows 10 based and I have FSX-SE installed. The unzipped 337 installer file is named C337FSXP3Dv2.1.

Yes, I ran the F1GTN750C337.exe. The black frame around the GTN display area weakly shows the knobs in the bottom-right corner and has all clickspots functioning correctly. But there is no texture. The popup window is also correct.

Checking the ADF frequency swap shows correct functionality.

Felix

9 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

This is the first installation of the 337 since I setup a new computer. It's Windows 10 based and I have FSX-SE installed. The unzipped 337 installer file is named C337FSXP3Dv2.1.

Yes, I ran the F1GTN750C337.exe. The black frame around the GTN display area weakly shows the knobs in the bottom-right corner and has all clickspots functioning correctly. But there is no texture. The popup window is also correct.

Checking the ADF frequency swap shows correct functionality.

Not sure the "texture" is what you expect it to be..

If zoomed in, I can read Garmin and Home in the upper right corner - that is about it..

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure the "texture" is what you expect it to be..

If zoomed in, I can read Garmin and Home in the upper right corner - that is about it..

I expected the texture to be like the texture of the popup GTN bezel (and like those in other VCs), but here it is just plain black. Apart from the knobs there is no structure and not text (even when zoomed in). When I remove the GTN texture files from the texture.COMMON folder, the panel looks exactly the same. Obviously, those texture files are not embedded. Should I contact Carenado?

Felix

8 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

I expected the texture to be like the texture of the popup GTN bezel (and like those in other VCs), but here it is just plain black. Apart from the knobs there is no structure and not text (even when zoomed in). When I remove the GTN texture files from the texture.COMMON folder, the panel looks exactly the same. Obviously, those texture files are not embedded. Should I contact Carenado?

Yes, I would report it - no idea why it would work in FSX-Accel Win 7 and not in FSX-SE Win 10..

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yes, I would report it - no idea why it would work in FSX-MS Win 7 and not in FSX-SE Win 10..

Thank you, Bert! I will report back when I have a solution.

One question: Which texture do you have in the panel.cfg under Vcockpit03? In my installation it says: texture=$Panel_1.

Felix

I have the same problem with the missing texture, tried the fix to copy from another aircraft. 

Spent too long on it now, there is one thing after another with this thing, really poor.

FSX steam - Windows 10

Anthony

From Berts post at the flight1 forum I saw this about "with bezel/ without bezel line

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-in-vc-panel_topic49354.html

I noticed that the panel for the 337 did not have .VC on the end of the line after UNIT1 and changed the

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,667,794,UNIT1

to

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,667,794,UNIT1.VC

The entry F1GTN!GTN750VC I removed the VC as well

This entry works showing the bezel but it has re-sized it and I don't know how to make it larger to fit the panel.
It seems to me that the panel entry under [Vcockpit02] had wrong parts and it was for the gauge without the bezel.

==========================================================

This is what I changed it to, but as mentioned it is too small, thats as far as I can get.....

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

Anthony

1 hour ago, anthonye said:

From Berts post at the flight1 forum I saw this about "with bezel/ without bezel line

http://www.simforums.com/forums/gtn-in-vc-panel_topic49354.html

I noticed that the panel for the 337 did not have .VC on the end of the line after UNIT1 and changed the

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  0,0,667,794,UNIT1

to

The entry F1GTN!GTN750VC I removed the VC as well

This entry works showing the bezel but it has re-sized it and I don't know how to make it larger to fit the panel.
It seems to me that the panel entry under [Vcockpit02] had wrong parts and it was for the gauge without the bezel.

==========================================================

This is what I changed it to, but as mentioned it is too small, thats as far as I can get.....

[Vcockpit02]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

Anthony

Another job for our great Bert! He probably know that by now

Rafael Henrique Carelli