Sign in to follow this  
Pascal70

Missing Texture of GTN750

On 3.9.2017 at 8:17 PM, Joe L said:

looks like they misnamed the dds file called in the interior.mdl.

Make a copy of GTN750_BG.dds and rename that copy to GTN~1.dds.

See if it works for you . . .

Can't tell if changing the night version has any effect - I can not get cabin lighting, just instruments.

Good luck.

Joe

Success! Thanks a lot for letting us know your finding! It works perfectly well. 

Felix

Copying GTN750_BG.dds and changing the name of the copy to GTN750~1.dds solved it. 

On 9/30/2017 at 8:04 PM, N2382R said:

Copying GTN750_BG.dds and changing the name of the copy to GTN750~1.dds solved it. 

The original post by Joe L. specified copying GTN750_BG.dds and renaming that copy GTN~1.dds. This did not work for me, However, changing it to GTN750~1.dss (instead of GTN~1.dss) did work.

The problem I'm having now is that click spots on the bezel do not work. I should be able to click the lower left and open the pop-up, and the direct-to and Home buttons don't do anything when I click them (although the cursor does change to a pointer icon). The only thing int he bezel that does work is the volume knob when I adjust it with the mouse wheel.

I will love to get this working 100%, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Clicking on the upper rim of the GTN should pop up the GTN Window.

As for the other functions, they do not work on mine either - using the popup window is the only way that I have found.

Bert

On 12.10.2017 at 6:48 PM, Wing said:

The original post by Joe L. specified copying GTN750_BG.dds and renaming that copy GTN~1.dds. This did not work for me, However, changing it to GTN750~1.dss (instead of GTN~1.dss) did work.

The problem I'm having now is that click spots on the bezel do not work. I should be able to click the lower left and open the pop-up, and the direct-to and Home buttons don't do anything when I click them (although the cursor does change to a pointer icon). The only thing int he bezel that does work is the volume knob when I adjust it with the mouse wheel.

I will love to get this working 100%, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks a lot, now the 337 is okay for me with the GTN750! 

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Hi simmers,

I had the same problem in my C337 and I followed the instructions above and changed the dds file name to GTN750~1.dds. The problem was solved. But due to another little problem I decided to uninstall the C337 and install it again, to get a clean start. The only thing I did other than with previous installs is that I installed the C337, THEN RAN THE SIM (P3D v3.4 in my case) and after restarting the computer I executed the GTN750 file to place the GTN inside the cockpit. After installing the C337 I looked into the "common.texture" folder to locate the wrong named dds.file, and what I then noticed is that there was an extra .dds file in this folder with the name GTN750~1.dds already under it (beside the .dds file with the wrong name). When I loaded the C337 the bezel of the GTN was indeed visible. Without to change any name of the existing (wrongly named) .dds file. So  maybe this could help some of you too. First run the sim after installing the C337 and then later install the GTN. I ran everything as "administrator". It worked for me.

Good luck !

Regards, 

Eddy

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2017 at 6:39 AM, Flying Tiger said:

Hi simmers,

I had the same problem in my C337 and I followed the instructions above and changed the dds file name to GTN750~1.dds. The problem was solved. But due to another little problem I decided to uninstall the C337 and install it again, to get a clean start. The only thing I did other than with previous installs is that I installed the C337, THEN RAN THE SIM (P3D v3.4 in my case) and after restarting the computer I executed the GTN750 file to place the GTN inside the cockpit. After installing the C337 I looked into the "common.texture" folder to locate the wrong named dds.file, and what I then noticed is that there was an extra .dds file in this folder with the name GTN750~1.dds already under it (beside the .dds file with the wrong name). When I loaded the C337 the bezel of the GTN was indeed visible. Without to change any name of the existing (wrongly named) .dds file. So  maybe this could help some of you too. First run the sim after installing the C337 and then later install the GTN. I ran everything as "administrator". It worked for me.

Good luck !

Regards, 

Eddy

Your changed file never got uninstalled and was there again after re-installing.. is my guess.

Bert

Old topic, new information..

I just looked in the model file, and the GTN buttons when pressed attempt to address

a "Unit2" version of the GTN750.

As test, I changed the panel.cfg file to 

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750,  0,0,937,887,UNIT2.POP

and

gauge00=F1GTN!GTN750VC,  6,2,667,794,UNIT2

Sure enough... the Direct-to and Home keys now work. 🙂

Not entirely sure what else might now be broken.. will test some more.

Edit: the frequency knob also works..

have changed the F1GTN.ini file header to  [GTN750.2]

Not sure any ill effects will come of this.. so far so good... basic error by Carenado though.. 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert