Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Quick VR Test Result: Orbx LOWI Aerofly FS 2

JV Takes a quick look at Orbx LOWI Aerofly scenery FPS in VR: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134024-quick-vr-test-result-lowi-aerofly-fs-2/

Pop test! How many of you can cross your eyes the right way to see the image below in 3D? (And yes, I can do it easily) :biggrin:

bRq8.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Looking just great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I tried to cross eye view it, and gave myself a headache :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

Awesome, but now I can't uncross them.

IM

:biggrin:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 29-4-2017 at 11:56 AM, tonywob said:

I tried to cross eye view it, and gave myself a headache :)

Maybe because you shouldn't use the cross eye method. ;) The best way is to take a piece of paper or a thin book, put the side of it on the line between the two pictures, put your nose against the other side and let the images blend together. That way you are sure your left eye is seeing the left picture and your right eye the right. It is a bit hard to explain for me in English but your eyes should look parallel, not cross eyed. Just tried it and it looks great in 3D!

On 01/05/2017 at 9:03 PM, J van E said:

Maybe because you shouldn't use the cross eye method. ;) The best way is to take a piece of paper or a thin book, put the side of it on the line between the two pictures, put your nose against the other side and let the images blend together. That way you are sure your left eye is seeing the left picture and your right eye the right. It is a bit hard to explain for me in English but your eyes should look parallel, not cross eyed. Just tried it and it looks great in 3D!

Just been caught doing this - apparently I was trying to make out with my monitor. :blush:

😂 

LOL

I really want this SIM to get world wide scenery and good flight dynamics. Bcoz It looks amazingly!

im

13 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

😂 

LOL

I really want this SIM to get world wide scenery and good flight dynamics. Bcoz It looks amazingly!

im

I would have to say that while Aerofly is good in 2D, the real impact is in VR. Just a few minutes ago I was in an F15 and arrowed down the runway then arrowed into a blazing trail almost straight up, just grinning like a loon at how indescribably good it all felt.

I've tried flyinside on FSX, P3D, and on X-plane, and Aerofly VR is in a class of its own.

Hmmmmmmm........ I don't usually go for hyperbole, but there really is nothing else currently like it in VR consumer level civilian aviation.

Not even close.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I hate comments like this because I have been putting off a VR purchase until the 4K option hits the market. I'm getting itchy again for VR since reports with aerofly have not been negative.

Im using a 65in 4K tv mainly in P3D and love the quality and clarity. 

VR is the future, there's no doubt.

im

4 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

I hate comments like this because I have been putting off a VR purchase until the 4K option hits the market. I'm getting itchy again for VR since reports with aerofly have not been negative.

Im using a 65in 4K tv mainly in P3D and love the quality and clarity. 

VR is the future, there's no doubt.

im

Well, the thing is, both Oculus and Vive have said that they are not introducing anything new for about two years, so your hopes for 4k are going to either have to come from left field (maybe something new from PiMax) or you are going to have a kind of long wait.

Devons rig

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Well, the thing is, both Oculus and Vive have said that they are not introducing anything new for about two years, so your hopes for 4k are going to either have to come from left field (maybe something new from PiMax) or you are going to have a kind of long wait.

Ok well that's disappointing. Ive seen the PIMAX 4K UHD Headset advertised a bit lately but not sure how it compares to the Oculus. Time to do some research on this.

I hope you let us know how P3Dv4 performs with your headset.

thanks

IM

40 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Ok well that's disappointing. Ive seen the PIMAX 4K UHD Headset advertised a bit lately but not sure how it compares to the Oculus. Time to do some research on this.

I hope you let us know how P3Dv4 performs with your headset.

thanks

IM

Yeah, I'm going to have to try that out.

Devons rig