Hello members of this beautiful forum.

I'm a flightjunk for serval years. I use MS flight through Steam and have installed all the items of the toolkit (latest version)

I see the new aerocaches, but i can't acces them. I need content to use them. I really don't know how to manage that.

Maybe anyone can help me so i can try to catch the new ones :)

Many thanks and sorry for my simple English, i'm Dutch.

Regards,

Flightjunk1

original-ff5eb5330a8aff55870f8d64b2bd287

I'm not sure what content you need to download for this cache. Perhaps Albacore Tunaman will see this and offer some help. He might be the author also. He has posted a bunch of aerocaches with some in Europe.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Hello guys:

As you can see the Alaska aerocache (Land's end) was accesible but not the others. That means you don't have FSX world addon installed (That's why it say "Unknown" Region). You'll also need to install "World Region UI" so you have a beautiful world map (can be downloaded from Addon manager). If you want to install FSX world addon you must have FSXSE and made a conversion using Flight toolkit. There is a topic related to FSX world conversion with all the details.

Oscar

Edited by Segador77
To clarify why it is an "Unknown Region"
  • Upvote 2

Also, I remember I had problems with the steam version of Flight in combination with the toolkit. So I had to install the standard Flight version first.

• Upvote 1

Ah, oké than i need to install the standard version of Flight first. Well i hope i can find all the stuff with all addons

Thank you for your support for now :)

Update: after a few hours stress (windows was complete ###### off) i have use a systemrecovery from a week old. Steam and the steamversion of Flight removed.

Installed GFWLIVE, Flight (as stand alone version), the Flighttoolkit and have used the addonmanager for adding all the options.

After that i installed Framework 4.6 and Flightmonitor.

I'm on the point now to install al clean version of FSX (with one?) and use the tool to merge the data with Flight.

Hope someone can give me a hint how i can get a clean version of FSX,

Thank you in advance,

Flightjunk1

11 hours ago, Flightjunk1 said:

Update: after a few hours stress (windows was complete ###### off) i have use a systemrecovery from a week old. Steam and the steamversion of Flight removed.

Installed GFWLIVE, Flight (as stand alone version), the Flighttoolkit and have used the addonmanager for adding all the options.

After that i installed Framework 4.6 and Flightmonitor.

I'm on the point now to install al clean version of FSX (with one?) and use the tool to merge the data with Flight.

Hope someone can give me a hint how i can get a clean version of FSX,

Thank you in advance,

Flightjunk1

You can use both the disc and the Steam version of FSX. You simply need to make sure that no addons are enabled before converting the content.

• Upvote 2

On 29.4.2017 at 7:51 AM, Segador77 said:

Hello guys:

As you can see the Alaska aerocache (Land's end) was accesible but not the others. That means you don't have FSX world addon installed (That's why it say "Unknown" Region). You'll also need to install "World Region UI" so you have a beautiful world map (can be downloaded from Addon manager). If you want to install FSX world addon you must have FSXSE and made a conversion using Flight toolkit. There is a topic related to FSX world conversion with all the details.

Oscar

CowboyHH, look at the pinned topics in this forum.  There are several topics that detail the steps you need to take to add FSX world, and how to make sure you can see the aerocaches.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

If you want to fly all over the world, (and find those aerocaches in "World region") do this: install FSXSE (from Steam). Then  type in the "Command Prompt" this (or copy and paste):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a

Be sure to include the " ". This is going to take some time. After this you'll find a Flightaddon in a folder named C:\FlightTemp. This addon will install the FSX World to Flight (this also take some time). Be sure to download from Addon Manager: World Region UI so you'll have a beautiful world map. There you are.

Oscar

• Upvote 2

Thank you so much, all works fine now and i can catch the aerocaches in the region World.

I see the groundtextures are very simple, do i need to install the FSX updates as Servicepacks for that or makes that no difference..

Thanks again, i'm very happy with Flight now. (it was boring i found all the earocaches and other stuff)

+1 for Segador77

So for those keeping count, if you have captured all the aerocaches published to date, you would show 385 aerocaches in your profile.

• Upvote 1