Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

X-Plane 11.01r1 is now out

I am somehow confused: I ran the installer this morning and found that (afterwards) I now have two CDG-Airports in my Custom-Scenery-Folder. One is named AEROSOFT Charles de Gaule and the other LFPG - Paris Charles de Gaule. The later one was obviously installed today while I ran the installer.

So, why are there two different sceneries and why are they in the Custom Scenery Folder when LFPG is now updated with the default scenery?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Yes, i`m confused too. "LFPG Paris - Charles de Gaulle" is 45MB big and "Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG" is 366KB big. 

This is an error on Laminar Research´s part, and they are aware of it.

You can safely delete the "Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG".

The LFPG Paris - Charles de Gaulle is 45 MB because it contains the .xml files that WED needs to show it. You can load it in WED and marvel at how many objects and entities are on that airport ;-) You can also delete those .xml files if storage space is a problem for you, but the installer will download them again (as it does with all files it thinks are missing).

In the future (when we are allowed to upload WED 1.6 data to the Gateway) I will upload LFPG to the Scenery Gateway and it will become a normal "global airport". At that point LR will remove the file from the Custom Scenery folder.

Cheers, Jan

3 hours ago, Janov said:

This is an error on Laminar Research´s part, and they are aware of it.

You can safely delete the "Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG".

The LFPG Paris - Charles de Gaulle is 45 MB because it contains the .xml files that WED needs to show it. You can load it in WED and marvel at how many objects and entities are on that airport ;-) You can also delete those .xml files if storage space is a problem for you, but the installer will download them again (as it does with all files it thinks are missing).

In the future (when we are allowed to upload WED 1.6 data to the Gateway) I will upload LFPG to the Scenery Gateway and it will become a normal "global airport". At that point LR will remove the file from the Custom Scenery folder.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks, Jan, for clarification 👍

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hi Jan, are you plannig to remove static AC that remain in some of your sceneries? Don't know if you're still in charge of KLAX but there are some United 744s left.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I am getting flickering daylight in the cockpit now...anyone else?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

17 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I am getting flickering daylight in the cockpit now...anyone else?

Thats the cloud shadow flickering bug that'll be fixed in R2.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

11 hours ago, frontendrob said:

Hi Jan, are you plannig to remove static AC that remain in some of your sceneries? Don't know if you're still in charge of KLAX but there are some United 744s left.

Yes, I am definitely going to work those airports over one by one. I am on ZBAA right now, making it fully compatible with XP11. KLAX will be next, then OMDB - then I will turn to the bigger German airports...

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1