Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Stopped Listening

On the latest version - flew from KSLC to KDEN.  Previous issues of audio delay resolved.  New issue where about 10 mins into the flight the software stopped hearing me - I would push PTT...the chatter stopped...but it did not confirm my voice.  I was given ATC all the way through to Denver so all of that worked - the one advantage of it not hearing me was that it didn't feel the need to correct any of my calls :)....

Chuck

Thanks for the optimistic report Chuck.

If ATC worked, what was it doing to make you think it didn't hear you?  Where you using the Copilot to answer all the calls?

Thanks,

Dave

I have the copilot Responds to Radio unchecked in Copilot Options.  At the start of the flight (clearance, taxi, takeoff) my voice was recognized and my calls appeared as read-backs - I also heard Speech Recognized Tone after each call.  I was able to talk to ATC and follow along by changing radio frequencies.  At some point, it stopped recognizing my calls, but as I flew I was still getting commands to change frequencies and was cleared to land.