Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

New NVIDIA divers

As a rule I delete the NVidia folder and uninstall the old driver first,  and when installing the new one I do a custom install and have it install just the drivers nothing else. 

I just updated to the new driver and its worked fine.  I have not monitored my VAS however so don't know if its made a difference on that. 

I didn't do anything with NVidia inspector, ie save/reimport my profile,  my FSX is exactly the same as before the driver update,  so not sure if its necessary

I use the scenery config editor and turn on/off  scenery depending on where I am flying.  Since I began doing that before all my flights I have not gotten a VAS error,  and I run heavy scenery, airport addons, traffic etc...  

helps with FPS also I have noticed.

VAS no better for me but as usual YMMV.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Boomer said:

VAS no better for me but as usual YMMV.

Hi Boomer, what tool(s) did you use to monitor VAS?

And what is as usual at YMMV?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

2 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi Boomer, what tool(s) did you use to monitor VAS?

And what is as usual at YMMV?

Thanks.

In this case it means,. Your Mileage May Vary.  ymmv.     Around here I can see ppl thinking something else at first haha 

• Upvote 1

Just now, johney_30 said:

In this case it means,. Your Mileage May Vary.  ymmv.     Around here I can see ppl thinking something else at first haha 

:laugh: And here I was thinking Boomer was testing at YMML, Melbourne!

Jack Sawyer

3 hours ago, johney_30 said:

As a rule I delete the NVidia folder and uninstall the old driver first,  and when installing the new one I do a custom install and have it install just the drivers nothing else. 

I just updated to the new driver and its worked fine.  I have not monitored my VAS however so don't know if its made a difference on that. 

I didn't do anything with NVidia inspector, ie save/reimport my profile,  my FSX is exactly the same as before the driver update,  so not sure if its necessary

I use the scenery config editor and turn on/off  scenery depending on where I am flying.  Since I began doing that before all my flights I have not gotten a VAS error,  and I run heavy scenery, airport addons, traffic etc...  

helps with FPS also I have noticed.

You should turn off shadercache. - David Lee

I upgraded tonight, turned off Shadercache, good catch David!  And I'm absolutely astonished by what I see.  I use VirtualFly's meter and I saw a HUGE improvement in VAS.  Same areas as yesterday, Orbx Oz and same equipment.  They worked for me.

Jack Sawyer

I believe a VAS OOM is caused by more than just GPU memory leakage. VAS is a design limit in how the OS handles memory adress space for processes. 2(3)GB in a 32-bit environment and 4GB in a 64-bit environment. How the GPU memory factors into this I don't know. But I'm pretty certain VAS OOM problems for both FSX and PD3 is not over...

-----------------------------------------------

Morten Haughom

Greetings from the sticks!

N70° 22' 23 - E031° 06' 02

Vardø, Norway

It's not over, I know it'll never ever be over till they have a 64 bit sim.

Jack Sawyer