Sign in to follow this  
Jimnj52

chicago o'hare STARS

When I originally installed the program, I had no problem with the STAR's or SID's for KORD.  But, now they seemed to have disappeared.  Is this an issue with the B737NGX program or with Navigraph?

Before responding to your question, I must point out the posting requirement for the PMDG forums:

From the "Guidelines for Participation in the PMDG Forum. (Please Read!)" thread: 

"The following rules must be followed by anyone choosing to post in the PMDG forum.

1) ALL USERS MUST SIGN THEIR FULL NAME TO POSTS. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in your post being deleted without comment or followup by the forum moderators. To make your life easy- we recommend setting up a forum signature by following these simple instructions:http://forum.avsim.n...&area=signature"

Please sign your posts with First and Last name.

Now, to your question, do you mean you have no SID/STAR's at all for KORD in your NGX FMC, or have minimal number available? 

How recent is your latest Navigraph AIRAC?  Current cycle is 1705.

• Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Just now, beechcaptain said:

Before responding to your question, I must point out the posting requirement for the PMDG forums:

From the "Guidelines for Participation in the PMDG Forum. (Please Read!)" thread: 

"The following rules must be followed by anyone choosing to post in the PMDG forum.

1) ALL USERS MUST SIGN THEIR FULL NAME TO POSTS. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in your post being deleted without comment or followup by the forum moderators. To make your life easy- we recommend setting up a forum signature by following these simple instructions:http://forum.avsim.n...&area=signature"

Please sign your posts with First and Last name.

Now, to your question, do you mean you have no SID/STAR's at all for KORD in your NGX FMC, or have minimal number available? 

How recent is your latest Navigraph AIRAC?  Current cycle is 1705.

Congratulations on becoming a moderator! You will have your work cut out for you around these forums!

• Upvote 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

It never ceases to amaze me at the number of people that choose to not go by the rules and those that choose to look the other way.

As to your comment about becoming a moderator, don't know if that is intended as a snide remark.  Hoping not, but if so, it is better kept to yourself.

Glenn Wilkinson

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Congratulations on becoming a moderator! You will have your work cut out for you around these forums!

Better to let him know on his first post by Glenn, moderator or no moderator, because he will hear it sooner or later...

5 hours ago, Jimnj52 said:

When I originally installed the program, I had no problem with the STAR's or SID's for KORD.  But, now they seemed to have disappeared.  Is this an issue with the B737NGX program or with Navigraph?

Back on topic guys.

There are no SIDs but plenty of STARs and I doubt it is a problem with either NGX or Navigraph. Please be more provide enough information for someone not looking over your shoulder to figure out exactly what you are doing to find no KORD STARs.  I assume you are doing a preflight and you have selected KORD as the destination, talk us through it from there.

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, Captain_Al said:

Better to let him know on his first post by Glenn, moderator or no moderator, because he will hear it sooner or later...

He will hear it from the right source.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

He will hear it from the right source.

Kyle Rodgers, i.e. "the right source," has in the past expressed gratitude to those relieving him of the load of reminding others about the signature rule. Just thought you should know...

Walter Meier

17 hours ago, wsmeier said:

Kyle Rodgers, i.e. "the right source," has in the past expressed gratitude to those relieving him of the load of reminding others about the signature rule. Just thought you should know...

Yes, I agree, I have read posts where Kyle said that, thank you Walter...

A lot of side chatter, when it could've been spared.

I know I've been the most vocal about it, but I think all of the PMDG mods appreciate it when people mention the forum rules to others. The number of times I have to type that out, daily, is more than I'd like. Anyone who lessens that load by politely pointing to the rule for me (/us) makes my (/our) life a bit easier.

The caveat here is that it's done politely, obviously. Ironically, stepping in to (essentially) tell someone to not be a backseat moderator is essentially being a backseat moderator, so, there's that...

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, my name is James Brodie. My cycle is 1704, so I will update and see what happens.  Thanks

James,

There are a total of 14 available STAR's for KORD from the most recent cycle - 1705.  Don't be surprised if some of the STAR's don't show up when you select a runway as some STAR's will be runway or approach direction dependent.  I hope explained it well enough to not confuse you.

Glenn Wilkinson

On 29/04/2017 at 0:56 PM, Jimnj52 said:

Hi,

You may try to delete the ARPT_RWY.dat file in the PDMG\NAVDATA folder of your sim and let it rebuild when you launch your sim again to see it fixes your issue.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Chicago has no SIDs these days - they went away some time ago. Chicago has numerous STARs. When you are flying in the US it is worthwhile to check this https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dtpp/search/ to see what the real world has. When you are flying in Europe go to EADS/Eurocontrol and register for access to all the European charts.

David Jones

For me the problem with KORD is not SID/STARS but the FPS dropping a lot. I know is a busy area but KLAX, KJFK or KMIA  are very busy airports too and they are fine,  but KORD....man i feel like i am running on an pre-pentium era PC....at night is even worse

sorry for stealing the thread