Sign in to follow this  
Alberto

B737NGX

After a new install  of Windows 10, unable to reinstall B737NGX, message "your FSX.CFGfile was not found here,correct system location"

It was not pssible to reinstall FSX, it just could not be installed, so I switched to FSX - Steam edtion, and received the above mentioned message.

What must I do to install B737 NGX to FSX-Steam.

PLSHelp!

Welcome to the PMDG forums, please note the pinned forum rules that include our full names on all posts.

I am trying to follow the sequence:  New install of Windows 10, you couldn't install FSX so you downloaded and installed FSXSE and now you cannot install NGX.  Did you install Windows 10 on an empty drive or was it an update from Windows 7?  Was FSX installed before you installed Windows 10 and if so why was it still on the drive when you installed the new operating system? What problems did you have installing FSX?  This is key to understanding your problem now because whatever it was it is still a problem. Going to Steam was not the solution.  So, a lot more description of the problem please and bunch of smart people here can probably help unless you have a problem in the windows registry.

Dan Downs KCRP

In my case, cannot get FSX:SE to run the PMDG boxed version B737NGX I purchased years ago. . I launched the simconnect procedures, found in the SDK files, but no joy. This is a new computer;  OS was Windows professional 7, upgraded to 10, and currently running a 5960 i7, with 16 GB ram and 980Ti card. Have 2 hard drives, with FSX on the M drive, and FSX:SE on the C drive. Although the B737-NGX runs perfectly on the M drive under FSX, after de-installing it and installing it on the C drive within Steam, the gauges will not appear. I can't help but believe I am doing something wrong.... though not sure what that is since PMDG advises they are supporting the 737-NGX within Steam.   By way of information, I also have the PMDG Queen of the Skies Boxed version, brought prior to the 737 NGX, and sadly understand that PMDG doesn't support that within Steam. 

Thanks for any assistance and suggestions... 

Mark Maynard

Mark,

To run within FSX:SE, you'll need the latest version of the NGX. The updates for the boxed version are downloaded from  Aerosoft here: http://support.aerosoft.com/

Just select the NGX from the dropdown list and input the code from your box when prompted. Make sure you don't attempt to install from the DVD at all. The downloaded file contains the complete installer.

Walter Meier

3 hours ago, wsmeier said:

Mark,

To run within FSX:SE, you'll need the latest version of the NGX. The updates for the boxed version are downloaded from  Aerosoft here: http://support.aerosoft.com/

Just select the NGX from the dropdown list and input the code from your box when prompted. Make sure you don't attempt to install from the DVD at all. The downloaded file contains the complete installer.

Hi Walter !! Just a huge shoutout for your wonderful assistance regarding my PMDG 737. I did as you advised, and downloaded the update from Aerosoft. It works like a Charm - No more OOM  errors - what a joy that will be :-) .  Thank you ever so much for your kindness - when able I will pay it forward. 

Sincerely,

Mark Maynard