Here's what I found on the V2, P3d so far:

• The GTN bezel is completely black
  • The ADF frequency swap doesn't work
  • Cowl Flaps are toggle (temporarily hold) up and down electrical switches
  • The RPM tooltips shows Fuel Flow
  • The FFF tooltips shows RPM
  • The Ldg Light switch is labeled "LOG"
  • The "Push to Set Card" on the non-slaved HSI is not working
  • Where is the "Step" button on the EDM so we can "pause" the cycling through the cylinders to make a lean procedure? Cycling it forever makes it unusable. This shouldn't be complicated to implement.
  • * Landing lights and dome lights are not working (Not illuminating anything)

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Carenado's prolificness is admirable, and the quality of visual modelling is outstanding.  However, it isn't just systems weakness, but either a) a completely absent testing process or b) a different idea of what it means to test for release.  From what I can detect, there is nearly zero community interaction (be it synchronous or asynchronous).

I enjoy my Carenado/Alabeo aircraft, but I am ALWAYS hesitant lately to pull the trigger. I have to come here to learn of any fixes...

• Upvote 1

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

The ONLY way to get a response or action from Carenado is to go to their website and submit a Support Ticket.

That may be hard for anyone who purchased their product from another distributor which is why I purchase directly from Carenado.

The Support Ticket sets up an e-mail exchange which is tracked under My Account.  I've disagreed a couple of times with their response and provided them with more detail or updates on what I'm experiencing, and my responses are automatically recorded against the initial ticket.

Anyways, I just wanted to mention this because if everyone filed a Support Ticket on the C337 v2.0 issues it would really get their attention.

--WH

Reported to Carenado:

- Landing and Taxi lights inop

- Outside door different color/sheen than body paint.

- No ADF frequency swap click spot

- Green and Red squares around the nav lights

- No trim indicator stripe

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Reported to Carenado:

- Landing and Taxi lights inop

- Outside door different color/sheen than body paint.

- No ADF frequency swap click spot

- Green and Red squares around the nav lights

- No trim indicator stripe

Confirmed the trim stripe not working on P3D too, thanks Bert, I'm also waiting for their answer.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

FYI, as I was curious about all these negative points I just downloaded and installed the 337 in P3D and what can I say.

Nav (position) lights are working.

ADF swap works as usual.

Landing lights illuminate the ground (although it's a strange rectangular pattern, same goes for the strobes).

Trim indicator stripe is there as well.

And most suprisingly the old RMI heading jump bug is gone!

Door color/sheen matches the fuselage color/sheen

Looks like Carenado optimized the 337 for P3Dv3.

Quite happy with the stock V2 :)

BTW, when I select the GNS model version, the ADF swap and Trim Indicator both work correctly.

This appears to be specific to the GTN model.

Bert

The popup window( shift+3) I think that gives you what all the shift commands are is totally wrong. For instance it says that shift+1 is the autopilot and shift +2 is gps. Not so. Shift +1 is the gps and the autopilot doesn't have a window. Can confirm the boxes outside around the lights as well. Now I did have a dome light but not sure about landing lights.

On 5/2/2017 at 0:03 PM, J35OE said:

FYI, as I was curious about all these negative points I just downloaded and installed the 337 in P3D and what can I say.

Nav (position) lights are working.

ADF swap works as usual.

Landing lights illuminate the ground (although it's a strange rectangular pattern, same goes for the strobes).

Trim indicator stripe is there as well.

And most suprisingly the old RMI heading jump bug is gone!

Door color/sheen matches the fuselage color/sheen

Looks like Carenado optimized the 337 for P3Dv3.

Quite happy with the stock V2 :)

From your posts, you're apparantely from Carenado/Alabeo right? Please give us your bug-free planes links and the great majority of customers will not be complaining on every buggy release they make. And yes, 35 bucks is a pretty good money for a "lite" add-on, as you consider them not being study level sim. There are so many small and apparently easy fixes they miss, and don't give a ..... about supporting and listening to the community that it makes it so lame. Just my 2 cents.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

This is odd. I have this aircraft running in P3D. And although I have the 'mechanical' issues (ADF swap, Trim indicator) I have Nav lights and taxi and takeoff lights. However, they seem to only work after dusk/before sunrise.

Yeah, frustrating. I always to go A2A or PMDG if I want bliss.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

9 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

1.From your posts, you're apparantely from Carenado/Alabeo right? Please give us your bug-free planes links and the great majority of customers will not be complaining on every buggy release they make.

2. And yes, 35 bucks is a pretty good money for a "lite" add-on, as you consider them not being study level sim.

3.There are so many small and apparently easy fixes they miss, and don't give a ..... about supporting and listening to the community that it makes it so lame. Just my 2 cents.

1.I have no idea why you think that I'm from Carenado/Alabeo. I never ever said that they are delivering bug free planes and it is really frustrating that they make the same mistakes over and over again and sometimes even introcude new ones.

2. I don't think that any Carenado/Alabeo customer expects a study level sim from them. If you do then it's quite clear why you are upset.

3. If they wouldn't listen to the community they wouldn't release a single patch after release. They don't charge anything for separate FSX/P3D versions contrary to other devs and they actually release planes within an acceptable time frame compared to other devs. 

Releasing a free update 4 years after the initial release is customer oriented IMO.

It's really strange that I have to defend myself because I didn't encounter a bug when fyling a few patterns/approaches.

9 hours ago, zazaboeing said:

From your posts, you're apparantely from Carenado/Alabeo right? Please give us your bug-free planes links and the great majority of customers will not be complaining on every buggy release they make. And yes, 35 bucks is a pretty good money for a "lite" add-on, as you consider them not being study level sim. There are so many small and apparently easy fixes they miss, and don't give a ..... about supporting and listening to the community that it makes it so lame. Just my 2 cents.

I've been following posts on Carenado/Alabeo products, both for those that I own and, like the C337, those that I do not own.  I've wondered the same thing.  Odd how there are multiple people complaining, but one person in particular is always posting about the high quality of their products and that we should not expect any more than what they have given us and their products work perfectly fine for that one person.  Yep, it has certainly made me go hmmmmmm.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

2 hours ago, stans said:

but one person in particular is always posting about the high quality of their products and that we should not expect any more than what they have given us and their products work perfectly fine for that one person.

Unbelievable. Which part of 'it is really frustrating that they make the same mistakes over and over again and sometimes even introduce new ones' you didn't understand?

The problem is they don't send a patch out adding or fixing a problem. Instead they send out a whole version change.  This is the problem.  I can remember when I first started flying Carenado (of which I have about 10) when the sim community had a problem with something and sent in repair tickets or possibly they picked it from from monitoring the forum they fixed the problems and sent out a patch. Now they send out a new version and make you download it. This can result in more problems than a simple patch.

Not sure if I have bad textures or not, but I noticed today that the text on both CRSR knobs for the default GPS were upside down.  The same was true of the Nav/Com radios.

Going to try a reinstall.

Ernest Pergrem