Sign in to follow this  
pic400

PMDG 747-400 V3

7 minutes ago, pic400 said:

Is it true that PMDG 747-400 V3 is not compatible with Windows 7?

With all due respect, that is bull.

Compatible it is.

Who made you think this bull?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Copied and pasted from PMDG website:

Windows: Windows 10 64-bit (older OSes such as Windows XP may work, but we cannot guarantee compatibility or support)

If I remember correctly, Windows 7 was fine. Windows 8 was the problem one that no support was being provided for. You can certainly try it on 8 if you want, but you do so at your own risk.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Capt Kevin

I have Windows 7, how correctly do U remember that Win 7 was fine? I have been waiting for V3 for a long time. Thanks for your time,

I found this:

Also in the intro manual, which you won't have access to until you buy the plane, it does say Windows 8 and 8.1 aren't supported. The intro manual also mentions a file fix for those using Windows 7, so I presume Windows 7 is still being supported.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

I run the B744 V3 on W7 64 bit.  Didn't know there was ever an issue.  Don't want Windows 10.  Didn't have to configure or add any file either.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

17 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Didn't have to configure or add any file either.

Intro manual mentions the UIAutomationCore.dll file, which is the one I was referring to. Apparently the one that came with Windows 7 was buggy, so there was a link in the intro manual to download it. The intro manual didn't say it was required, but "highly recommended."

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

37 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

I run the B744 V3 on W7 64 bit.  Didn't know there was ever an issue.  Don't want Windows 10.  Didn't have to configure or add any file either.

Concurr and agree on all points, brother.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

Intro manual mentions the UIAutomationCore.dll file, which is the one I was referring to. Apparently the one that came with Windows 7 was buggy, so there was a link in the intro manual to download it. The intro manual didn't say it was required, but "highly recommended."

Oh maybe because it says "not require if using FSX:SE", which I am.  So maybe it's FSX boxed and P3D thing?  Makes mention if issues with repeated menu use on long flight.  IDK.  My routes are short, around 1 to 4 hours max.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

4 minutes ago, Orlaam said:

Oh maybe because it says "not require if using FSX:SE", which I am.  So maybe it's FSX boxed and P3D thing?  Makes mention if issues with repeated menu use on long flight.  IDK.  My routes are short, around 1 to 4 hours max.

Yeah, I never updated that file, but that's probably because I'm using Windows 10 on this laptop, and it makes no mention of this being necessary for Windows 10.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

FWIW I run all my PMDG products on W7 x64.  Works for me- YMMV.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

47 minutes ago, lasnubes said:

FWIW I run all my PMDG products on W7 x64.  Works for me- YMMV.

This ^

- Chris