Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

FlyInside v1.8 released

Title says it all. Anyone tried yet? I only did a quick 5 minute test on the ground in the PMDG NGX. Touch controller support is a great idea but not really usable in its current state. Other than that, I didn't notice many changes.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I knew about the change, but was really waiting for somebody else to report back.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Did anyone of you test the new version? On my system it is a stuttery mess since the update. Was performing excellently in v1.71 but with the new v1.8 it is very stuttery even when fps are at 40+. I think, I will reinstall the old version...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Haven't installed it yet so thanks for the heads-up. 

Richard Åsberg

I have it. No problem. But i have P3dv3. 

The mouse pointer behave differently.

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

I have it installed in FSX Steam, with no issues. Other than slightly better behaviour of the mouse pointer and support for Oculus Touch, I see not much difference with the previous version.

I have not built a new system yet!

I did find ver. 1.8 on FSX steam much improved with respect to shimmering. The mouse function is somewhat better but not perfect. I do not have the Oculus controllers, have read some good reports on them. I chose the next to the highest resolution setting and reduced the tool tips size almost all the way down. When using the mouse on the PMDG 747 v3 I get the curly fingers etc. Much improved over 7.x. Not all buttons work perfect but much better now. I just use the direct button when needed. Like the PMDG 777 I need to go into the 747s aircraft cfg. file to the views section and adjust the numbers so that I'm seated at the right position, the means to do so are in Flyinside's Manual. If you don't do it that way you may need to adjust your seating position with the keyboard which is a pain IMHO, when going from outside view to back into the cockpit.

For me, shimmering is no longer even noticeable. The gauges are much more readable and seldom needs the zoom function. Before the 737 looked best because it needed fewer resources, I guess?  The 777 a bit worse. Now the 747 v3 looks amazingly better, it looks nothing like the monitor cockpit. In fact I briefly wondered if I chose the PMDGs 747 v3, it looks that different, it is absolutely different and amazing at the same time. The size and depth of the knobs on the panel look so real! All the buttons and controls work with the mouse or the direct blue dot etc. The PMDG 747 v3 looks way better than they all did and it's functionality is good enough to make it easy to fly. The FMC can be made easy to program too!

IMHO Dan Church and Co. have made a lot of progress, he say's update will perhaps be smaller but much more often. I wish PMDG would partner with Flyinside like they do with FScrew, what a combination that would be! 

More Later

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

Edited by BaldyB
Info

I do all my flying in the NGX but I noticed too what have been mentioned above both how the mouse cursor works differently but also how everything seems more crisp and sharp.

First I thought maybe it was just my own wishful thinking so nice to see others seeing the same thing and I fully agree the developers made an already great software even better and with even further upgrades planned the future looks good for VR for us flight simmers :smile:

Richard Åsberg