Sign in to follow this  
ahuimanu

Using the stock MSFS FS9 flight planner: edit waypoints?

Guest AirRyan

I know the routes that I want to use so what I can't figure out and even worse, fear - is that when you desing a flight plan using the stock FS9 flight planner, you can only edit the waypoints by clicking on them on the map, something that often takes a lot of time. Is there a way I can edit my FS9 IFR flight plans by just adding in the name of the waypoint and deleting the ones that I don't want? I like using the default IFR but if you don't fly exactly to where the stock planner tells you to it's really not very valuable?Thanks!RyanKAUS/KCLL Semper Fi

>I know the routes that I want to use so what I can't figure>out and even worse, fear - is that when you desing a flight>plan using the stock FS9 flight planner, you can only edit the>waypoints by clicking on them on the map, something that often>takes a lot of time. >>Is there a way I can edit my FS9 IFR flight plans by just>adding in the name of the waypoint and deleting the ones that>I don't want? I like using the default IFR but if you don't>fly exactly to where the stock planner tells you to it's>really not very valuable?>>Thanks!>>Ryan>>KAUS/KCLL Semper FiWell, these plans do end up as .FLT files in your My Documents folder under the "Flight Simulator Files" subdirectory. You can use notepad to delete the lines containing the waypoints you are not interested in. However, I suspect you are talking about in-flight. I think you can skip waypoints using the stock Garmin GPS500 gauge, but I can't remember if I'm totally correct on this.J-

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

You might check out FSBuild2. In fact, if you can scare up a copy of FSBuild 1.4 freeware, you can easily do your own flight plans and import them into FS9. An alternative freeware flight plan which can read in FS9 flgith plans for edit is Super Flight Planner.http://www.cpinf.info/web/download.phpscott s..

The latest build of Super Flight Planner is not doing the export properly. The flt file exports but will not load into FS9. The author has been informed of this through his mailing list, but there has been no fix. Support is minimal.Cheers,Paul

I have seen those reports, but I haven't had any problem exporting SFP plans to FS9. YMMV I guess. Also, it is a pln file, not a flt file. I assume that is just a typo. If you try to load it as a flight, then I can see why it wouldn't work.scott s..

yup... it is indeed a pln file (those errant fingers of mine...) Does seem to occur on some and not on others.Cheers,Paul

This website will allow you to enter each waypoint and then export the plan into your sim folder.Enter your departure and arrival airport, then place each waypoint into the Route box seperating them with single spaces. Then select the plan format you want from the dropdown menu and click generate.I use this for Active Sky and it works great. You will have to open the file with Notepad or something to enter an altitude though. Also, the plan saves in IFR format, so you need to change that if you only want VFR.http://www.fsroute.com/

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

My version works OK when I export to FS.As for minimal support it's freeware! What do you expect?

Guest AirRyan

Excellent - thanks all for your help!KAUS/KCLL Semper Fi

Hellotry and find a program called DpFpx, I found it on the other site :-).load the exported SP plan into DpFpx and save it again, the plan should be formatted ok now

>My version works OK when I export to FS.>>As for minimal support it's freeware! What do you expect?I don't expect anything. Just a statement of fact - same as the statement that the export doesn't work on my computer (as well as several others, so I've read). Why should either of these facts cause such a challenging response? Chill out :-cool