Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Barcelona

Noticed LatinVFR just released Barcelona.

Anyone tried it out yet?

I wonder how it compares to JustSim's Barcelona.

Richard Åsberg

I am waiting for a review too, I don't fly to that airport at all but this might be a good time to try new routes.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Only have the Justsim version which looks very good incl the city.

At least once a week I fly to Barcelona ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This being a very popular destination IRL I do want it in my sim as well but I think I'll wait for just a bit until I find a review of the LatinVFR version to know which one is better.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Only have the Justsim version which looks very good incl the city.

At least once a week I fly to Barcelona ..

The only scenery from JustSim I have up until now is Nice and to be honest that isn't one of my favorites making me a bit hesitant to get another product from them.

The screenshots over at SimMarket look very nice though.

Richard Åsberg

I do not have LEBL from either but my thoughts on each company that I have observed, Justsim release products as fast as Carenado, and update them just as often. Almost a year after Nice got released for example, Justsim finally updated it. LatinVFR concentrate on updating the airport a month or so after release then drop off the map until another airport comes out and they ignore their past releases. A good comparison video or screen shots would help decide and compatibility with OpenLC Europe for me too. I have heard past Justsim releases have felt rushed and some big bugs took a long time to fix. Nice had bad night lighting in p3d for months. Both companies should hire more experienced beta testers and release bug free products, an airport is not complicated like testing an aircraft. ELLX is out and already on sale, I am going to buy that soon.

I have been using Aerosoft's version and quite frankly I don't believe any of the others are much better. I know the airport fairly well and this is just my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

I have been using Aerosoft's version and quite frankly I don't believe any of the others are much better. I know the airport fairly well and this is just my humble opinion.

+1 AS one I found better quality.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I never bought a LatinVFR product so great to have some feedback on their products and their way of doing business.

As for JustSim I share the same feeling how their products often might seem a bit rushed with issues like the bad night lighting at Nice as mentioned.

I know Aerosoft is also working on Barcelona and I have lots of their products but lately I've been somewhat put off by their attitude in certain areas so at this point I'll be very careful what Aerosoft products I'll buy.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

I never bought a LatinVFR product so great to have some feedback on their products and their way of doing business.

As for JustSim I share the same feeling how their products often might seem a bit rushed with issues like the bad night lighting at Nice as mentioned.

I know Aerosoft is also working on Barcelona and I have lots of their products but lately I've been somewhat put off by their attitude in certain areas so at this point I'll be very careful what Aerosoft products I'll buy.

I have LatinVFR San Diego and Miami airport. San Diego is very good despite its age. If you see the comparison video between LatinVFR KSAN and ORBX KSAN you can see the LatinVFR version still has its good side and I like it more. Miami is pretty good, good enough for me.

3 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

I do not have LEBL from either but my thoughts on each company that I have observed, Justsim release products as fast as Carenado, and update them just as often. Almost a year after Nice got released for example, Justsim finally updated it. LatinVFR concentrate on updating the airport a month or so after release then drop off the map until another airport comes out and they ignore their past releases. A good comparison video or screen shots would help decide and compatibility with OpenLC Europe for me too. I have heard past Justsim releases have felt rushed and some big bugs took a long time to fix. Nice had bad night lighting in p3d for months. Both companies should hire more experienced beta testers and release bug free products, an airport is not complicated like testing an aircraft. ELLX is out and already on sale, I am going to buy that soon.

I agree with you. Besides the product I always look into the developer history.

3 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Does the Aerosoft's old version work in P3Dv3 ? I have it in Fs2004 version which I believed it also include FSX.

Thank you,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

16 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Noticed LatinVFR just released Barcelona.

Anyone tried it out yet?

I wonder how it compares to JustSim's Barcelona.

Wow! I hope that's not the case.  Just bought Aerosoft's version Friday.  I would rather a LatinVFR level airport, but I can't complain with Aerosoft's version.  Their airport is true to the actual, at least from the last time I was there which was a little while now.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

12 minutes ago, Hoang said:

I have LatinVFR San Diego and Miami airport. San Diego is very good despite its age. If you see the comparison video between LatinVFR KSAN and ORBX KSAN you can see the LatinVFR version still has its good side and I like it more. Miami is pretty good, good enough for me.

I agree with you. Besides the product I always look into the developer history.

Does the Aerosoft's old version work in P3Dv3 ? I have it in Fs2004 version which I believed it also include FSX.

Thank you,

Hoang Le

Aerosoft's current version of Barcelona is not for P3Dv3 and the upcoming version will only be guaranteed to work with P3Dv3.4 meaning anyone using a P3Dv3 version prior 3.4 might end up with an incompatible product.

Richard Åsberg

6 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Wow! I hope that's not the case.  Just bought Aerosoft's version Friday.  I would rather a LatinVFR level airport, but I can't complain with Aerosoft's version.  Their airport is true to the actual, at least from the last time I was there which was a little while now.

If you bought Barcelona from Aerosoft last Friday that would be the old version not for P3Dv3.

Richard Åsberg

6 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

If you bought Barcelona from Aerosoft last Friday that would be the old version not for P3Dv3.

Actually just double checked, didn't pick it up.  I forgot I went with Tropicalsim's SBGR instead.  I'll need to pick up LatinVFRs LEBL version.  Didn't realize this was the P3D forum either, just saw the quip about Barcelona and joined in on the conversation.  Haven't made the switch yet to P3D yet, need to save more funds after just updating my PC.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."