Sign in to follow this  
Aether

Phenom 300 Tutorial & more

Just click on the link in the OP.  You are correct about not being able to send PM's until you become a Member (leave the New Member Group).  Too many spammers like to PM our members.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

thanks a lot for your reply. I requested access to the files via google drive in the original post links. Hope you have meant that ;-)

Can you tell me how I become a member? Is it time dependent or post dependent?

Thanks again for your support!

Cheers, Stephan

3 minutes ago, steko38 said:

Hope you have meant that ;-)

Yes.

You will become a member soon as it is post dependent, then time (if you do not post).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Cees,

I just went trough the tutorial and it's fantastic and helps very much.

Thank you so much, great job :-)

Cheers, Stephan

Hi Cees,

Thank you for your offer.  Curiously after a few days it showed up in my e-mail and all is fine. Probably something else I needed to learn. Maybe the request went back to you for approval. 

Thanks again. It is an excellent document and I look forward to the P3D v.4.1 update.

Rolf

@Stephen. Thanks for the kind words. Have fun reading and flying.

@Rolf. Thank you also for the kind words. The update is not significant when you load the aircraft it is now in cold and dark state so the first part of the tutorial is false. I found some other tips which I would like to share with the owners of the Phenom 300 but I wish I had more time ;-). Have fun studying the tutorial and flying this great aircraft.

Cheers, Cees

Cees van der Linden

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I love to fly the 300 a lot on Vatsim but rarely use the VNav function, just use VS. I'll start using it now. I also never used the TOGA button. My procedure "was", throttles to TO, rotate at Vr, gear up, YD on, AP on either Nav or Hdg on, over 400 agl Flaps up then Throttles back to either CON or CRZ.

thanks a lot for creating this.

Ron

hi

what would we do without people like you

thank you for your documents superb

jeff storey

On ‎17‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Robkr1208 said:

What a fantastic piece of work Cees, thanks for this very useful document.

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words Robkr1208.

On ‎25‎-‎2‎-‎2018 at 8:51 PM, rwilson881 said:

Thanks so much for the tutorial. I love to fly the 300 a lot on Vatsim but rarely use the VNav function, just use VS. I'll start using it now. I also never used the TOGA button. My procedure "was", throttles to TO, rotate at Vr, gear up, YD on, AP on either Nav or Hdg on, over 400 agl Flaps up then Throttles back to either CON or CRZ.

thanks a lot for creating this.

Ron

You're welcome Ron have fun flying the 300.

On ‎2‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 7:57 PM, jstorey20 said:

hi

what would we do without people like you

thank you for your documents superb

O well it is a pleasure doing this for the community jstorey20.

Thanks for the feedback and keep on flying this great aircraft.

Cheers... Cees

Edited by celin101

Cees van der Linden

Thank you much! But I have a question. You enter the arrival and approach at the start of the flight. But, if you will fly on-line (VATSIM, IVAO) you may not to know that STAR will be. This STAR you will get from ATC at the very end of your flight. And at this moment I facing a BIG problem. If you enter the STAR AFTER enterin all flight plan waypoints, you will get a crazy FMS behavior such an adding a lot of waypoints ant unneeded lines on ND etc... Is there a correct way to add the STAR after adding a FlPlan waypoints?

Why fly? Simple. I'm not happy unless there's some room between me and the ground.

-Richard Bach, "A Gift of Wings" 1974

Hi Slavamirin.

Two things here. As part of your flight planning you will know from what direction you are approaching your destination and perhaps what airway you will be on. This will give you an indication of the STAR you will be using. The second thing is wind direction. This will determine the active runway at your destination and again this will determine the appropriate STAR. You should have checked this as part of your flight prep. I use the allmetsat website for this...http://www.allmetsat.com/

There are some good websites that show the various charts required for your planning stages.

Regards..Ken.

• Upvote 1

Hi Slavamirin,

Do you have a flight plan example?

What I do, is to go during the flight with the cursor to the point where it is written Arrival (or Approach), push PROC and select the new arrival.

I think you can also push directly PROC and go to select arrival and change it.

After that I use CLR button to clear the not necessary or wrong points.

Also I always do Select Departure, Select Arrival and then I insert the waypoints. Sometimes the airways are a little bit tricky I noticed, as the waypoints are doubled but I solve it with CLR. 

Another point is for DTO, Direct-TO, as if you select it with the button, or on the waypoint with the button, you loose completely the fpln. Alternative is with the ACT LEG but it is not quite a direct-to as I noticed, as it takes in fact the next leg where direct-to point is the endpoint, so the heading is not quite a direct.

Edited by Vali
  • Upvote 1

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

Thank you, friends. You gave me a very useful info! And what about a "Green Banana" on ND during climb or descend? A saw it in one of the videos of real plane. Is there this element? I did not see it or may by I do something wrong?

Why fly? Simple. I'm not happy unless there's some room between me and the ground.

-Richard Bach, "A Gift of Wings" 1974