Sign in to follow this  
deepblueskyy

C337 V2 has lots of flaws!

I was excited to see a V2 of the C337H but now I am disappointed. I found many issues with it in the first few minutes.

1) Nav and landing lights have colored boxes around them as you pan around the AC. Not the black box of a missing texture but the actual color of the light.

2) GPS 530 has no click areas for pop up, you have to hit Shift+1

3) The Engine Set Up window (Shift + 5) can't be closed hitting the X in the upper left corner.

4) They decided to go with model-based lighting which excludes those who use Shockwave lights. Carenado's lights aren't particularly realistic but at least I could replace them in previous version. The beacon looks like a cartoon.

I'll keep flying and report any other flaws that I may find.

I still love Carenado but their beta testers dropped the ball.

I can confirm your findings. Created a ticket to Carenado. In english, it is called a sloppy job. No quality control here.

Pierre

V1- sticking to it. This not an upgrade but rather a product downgrade. I won't buy another Carenado Alabeo product likely due to their serial numbers mess ups. Everything thing they do is broken. Not one thing they made has been right from the start - Did they ever fix the Phenom 505 fuel issue? Honestly I am done with eye candy and only want study level functionality. 

No landing lights! no interior lights!  The only lights are the instruments. Flying like a bat - nothing is visible - good luck starting it in a night scenario - 1.0 reinstalled (carenado gives me headaches. Frooglesim and novawrap telling people about it. Wish they would stop so there is less unhappy people. :(

Different issue, I cannot see a trim indicator.. V1 had a red line that moved up and down.

Bert

I can't understand why they don't put out a patch to update instead of making you download the entire aircraft. When they change the entire plane they always mess it up.

On 30/04/2017 at 0:34 AM, deepblueskyy said:

I still love Carenado but their beta testers dropped the ball.

I don't think they ever were given a ball. :biggrin:

I'm obviously not as observant as some because it looks to me as though nothing has changed. I do have a trim indicator with a red line though. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

30 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I don't think they ever were given a ball. :biggrin:

I'm obviously not as observant as some because it looks to me as though nothing has changed. I do have a trim indicator with a red line though. :smile:

Hi Ron, is that with a GTN in the panel?

Bert

59 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Ron, is that with a GTN in the panel?

Take a guess Bert. :biggrin:

No, no GTN.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

41 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Take a guess Bert. :biggrin:

No, no GTN.

.. and that may be the difference..

Bert

On ‎30‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 10:51 PM, clif9464 said:

Honestly I am done with eye candy and only want study level functionality. 

Study level functionality for 34.95$ ?  Not going to happen with any add-on (and Carenado/Alabeo never even tried to offer this kind of system depth)

15 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Could well be..

Confirmed.. GNS model is OK, GTN model is not  :huh:

Bert