Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

WX Advantage in VC

Hey everyone. I am wondering what would be the best way to set up the WX Advantage radar on the PC12 V2. I am looking to place it on the bottom radar multi function screen that I really have no use for. A weather radar would be what I need and the current one from Carenado does not work. 

Thanks everyone.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Thanks for the tip. I tried this one and I managed to change the Panel.CFG but I am getting a black screen with clickspots.

9 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

See user KDFW on this post, he has Rolands Wx installed their and it looks good?

Signature.png

The Wx gauge by Roland requires that you have ASN running, it won't work otherwise?

Cheers

Martin 

1 hour ago, MartinRex007 said:

The Wx gauge by Roland requires that you have ASN running, it won't work otherwise?

Cheers

Martin 

Yes I have AS16 open. I think it's an issue with the unit being elevated on the Z axis and it's being covered by the model so I can't see it. The hadn't tools come up when I am pressing the screen but I can't actually see a screen. 

Signature.png

If you have the Milviz/Rex WX Advantage AND the Flight1 GTN 750 installed, I have modded the panel config to completely remove the EX500 gauge and replace it with the WX Advantage, find it here: https://pastebin.com/xQWPQzm6.  Be sure to backup your current panel.cfg file first.  

This has the bonus of the 2D popup being on shift+1 since the original gauge is not in the cfg.

Obviously the 3D bezel is still the same and does nothing, but the WX Advantage is totally operable in the VC using the mousewheel hotspots in the four corners of the display (top right of the display for mode to turn it on), there are tooltip popups for each corner and also center bottom for brightness.

The only thing that's still bugging me is the 2D popup bezel surround and controls are totally black for a while until it later works, not sure what that's about if anyone has any ideas?   Not messed with a panel.cfg before.

This is how it looks:

g1o0sFv.jpg