Sign in to follow this  
Goldstar Textures

Boeing 747-400ERF Texture Mapping Problem?

Hi guys - In the process of finialising my latest paint, and noticed that the 400ERF looks to have the gear hubs incorrectly mapped on the left 2 boggies and nose gear?18156426_800653720083527_464073224283705

18193120_800653700083529_130740512332902

Having trouble linking pictures - I can email better comparison shots to whoever wants them...

Cheers.

56 minutes ago, Goldstar Textures said:

I emailed Rob directly but got no response, so I figured here would get a quicker response..

That's not what I asked. I asked if you submitted a support ticket. They don't provide support via e-mail, so you need to submit a support ticket here since they don't necessarily monitor the forums all the time. The forum users certainly can't fix the problem.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

3 hours ago, Goldstar Textures said:

I emailed Rob directly but got no response, so I figured here would get a quicker response..

That's not how we provide support. I think you've been around long enough to know that.

EDIT: Moreover, a texture problem would be something to go to our texture and/or modeling person, so why emailing the head of a company (any company for that matter) was the method chosen baffles me entirely.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

19 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

That's not how we provide support. I think you've been around long enough to know that.

EDIT: Moreover, a texture problem would be something to go to our texture and/or modeling person, so why emailing the head of a company (any company for that matter) was the method chosen baffles me entirely.

Apologies - Never really thought about it since he replied directly for other issues..

I'll create a ticket..

14 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Just out of interest, Alex, in what way are they incorrectly mapped?

Big Goldstar fan by the way - I use your BA repaints for the 777.

The wheel bugs aren't mapped on the left bogies..
Not sure if the pic will show up, nor if the wheel hub is the correct term..

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18278191_1090502271056208_3079979375173538538_o.jpg?oh=342cb1d3aca22a1a64b4a6ceb1bee882&oe=59813004

20 hours ago, Goldstar Textures said:

The wheel bugs aren't mapped on the left bogies..
Not sure if the pic will show up, nor if the wheel hub is the correct term..

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18278191_1090502271056208_3079979375173538538_o.jpg?oh=342cb1d3aca22a1a64b4a6ceb1bee882&oe=59813004

Alex, great find on that wheel hub.

I downloaded your PH-CKC repaint, thanks it looks great. Would you be able to re-size your cabin texture a bit smaller than 4096? I know it is not that big of a file size but any smaller files can help. The default from pmdg is 2048 and around 4mb. - David Lee

2 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Alex, great find on that wheel hub.

I downloaded your PH-CKC repaint, thanks it looks great. Would you be able to re-size your cabin texture a bit smaller than 4096? I know it is not that big of a file size but any smaller files can help. The default from pmdg is 2048 and around 4mb. - David Lee

Nope, but feel free to do it yourself using photoshop and the nvidia dds plug in for PS

6 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

I would raise a ticket but my password reset email never arrived after numerous attempts to try and reset it.

I think this was fixed a few days ago. You may want to try it once more.

Walter Meier