Sign in to follow this  
skyymann

Forward Fuselage is see through?!?!?!?!

I'm certain to get a proper public flogging for this post, but bear with me. I just got off a 16 hour flight and decided I needed a martini and some QOTS time to chill. I've been gone three weeks and my DLH 744 is suddenly transparent in external view like on the aircraft selector. The only change is that the computer has been off for about 3 weeks. Any idea what might have caused this?

Scott

And NO, the Martini came after I noticed the issue :-)

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

My guess is you are using FSX and you forgot about the Introduction document.  Your answer is on page 23 in the configuring FSX section.

Dan Downs KCRP

28 minutes ago, downscc said:

My guess is you are using FSX and you forgot about the Introduction document.  Your answer is on page 23 in the configuring FSX section.

When he said:

1 hour ago, skyymann said:

my DLH 744 is suddenly transparent in external view like on the aircraft selector.

I assumed he was already running the simulator as opposed to still being in the aircraft select menu, so page 23 wouldn't help here.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Oh I see that now... he said "like on the aircraft selector."  I read this stuff too fast.  So next question to him is the himemsys setting I guess.

Dan Downs KCRP

17 minutes ago, downscc said:

So next question to him is the himemsys setting I guess.

I'd be surprised if that was an issue just by the computer being turned off for three weeks, but I guess that can't be ruled out, either. I'd like to know where he got the textures from and what livery exactly he's using since I just solved an issue with a Lufthansa Boeing 747-400M earlier today.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Also, if it doesn't happen to be related to any of the other suggestions above, if you have EZDOK (ezca), don't forget to run the configurator first prior to loading FSX.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi everyone and thanks,

It is the PMDG Lufthansa livery, I don't have EZDOK. Everything else looks fine. I'll finish this flight and see if it happens with anything else. I'll verify the highmemfix is still there as well.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Did a few more checks and all is as it should be. I will re install the Queen and see what happens. Thanks for the input everyone and thanks for not flaming me :-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

15 hours ago, skyymann said:

I will re install the Queen and see what happens.

This rarely, if ever, fixes anything, and can occasionally cause more issues than the one you attempted to fix.

Before the slash and burn, I'd suggest exhausting all other options to see what the cause of the actual issue is. Otherwise, my bet is that it will come back at some point.

Kyle Rodgers

OOM is usually the culprit... When getting close to one (dont actually have to happen), textures can take some time to load. Like the external model or livery. That could be it. Since he posted no specs or what he uses, then i dont know.

I monitor VAS very closely and this happens on initial load at KEDW. VAS is not an issue. At least not with this. I'm seriously confused and I haven't re installed anything yet.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

I've had maybe two problems with texture loading over the years and in both cases the solution was a different, newer or older, video driver.  This assumes you do not have memory issues.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK, problem found. I am working with Bryan on FS2Crew for the Queen (You are gonna LOVE it!!!!) and it seems the issue is with the Queen and FS2Crew. More when I have a clue (Don't hold your breath!!)

Scott

Kendall S Mann