Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

XP11 and Nvidia Inspector Settings

I have read the pinned nVidia Settings thread in the XP Tips and Tricks forum.

Seems like that is pretty old and orientated to XP10.  Is what I see there still valid, or is there a better place to see the best nvidia settings for XP11?

46 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

I have read the pinned nVidia Settings thread in the XP Tips and Tricks forum.

Seems like that is pretty old and orientated to XP10.  Is what I see there still valid, or is there a better place to see the best nvidia settings for XP11?

I don't think that XP11 can be helped by settings within nVidia Inspector..being that it is not a DX.x program.

Not exactly sure what you mean by DX.x program.  Does this mean that XP11 differs from XP10? Did nVidia Inspector apply to XP10?

1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

Not exactly sure what you mean by DX.x program.  Does this mean that XP11 differs from XP10? Did nVidia Inspector apply to XP10?

That the XPlane franchise does not use the DX API, as M.S. based sims do, but OpenGL.  I believe that nVidia Inspector only acts upon the DX API's and not Open GL based .exe's

nVidia inspector works fine with XPlane, although some settings are meant only for DirectX programs, most others work fine.

I use it to lock at 1/2 of my monitor's refresh rate (30) which gives me butter-smooth experience. 

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

On 4/30/2017 at 6:02 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

That the XPlane franchise does not use the DX API, as M.S. based sims do, but OpenGL.  I believe that nVidia Inspector only acts upon the DX API's and not Open GL based .exe's

Correct, this is an "apple's vs. oranges" situation.  I fell for it at one point, tried it, didn't work, gave up, left everything as is.  Best advice ever, that I've read about performance in XP11, can be found in this simple statement, made by Mr. Supnik himself (over at the developer blog):

"As I have said in comments to this previously, X-Plane 11 is _not_ a 60 fps game right now, and no amount of “dumbing down” the graphics is going to change that. Run at 30 fps and turn the graphics UP and enjoy the scenery."

Basically, what he's saying that all of your control over XP11 is contained in one place: the settings window.  Pretty convenient, no muss, no fuss.  NOW, with the upcoming development and implementation of Vulcan and Metal, that may be a game changer, in which case, you can kiss NI goodbye. :happy:

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit