Sign in to follow this  
relaxin

As Real As It Gets

why is there so much pressure on DTG?

im just happy that they have the legacy FSX code and ported it to 64 bit, moreover, are willing to squash all the bugs and memory problems (which is a huge undertaking)

and at the same time they are listening to the desires of us long time flight simmers.

who is expecting miracles here? im just happy they are willing to take this on and work with it?

is flight simulation become more about whos the best platform and how people feel about it?

whatever happened to just the thrill of flying in a simulation? where did that go?

are we all just stuck on the best platform and whos got the best eyecandy?

where did the fun go?

why are we here? how come we are not flying right now?

• Upvote 1

They are really going to squash all bugs?

Given the history of DTG I don't think so. Flight School and Train Sim have plenty of bugs that were never squashed. Why would they all of a sudden change?

Listening to a desire of long time flight simmers? Have not seen any evidence of this, only lots of marketing hype, surveys and hot air.

I am certainly not expecting miracles from DTG!

• Upvote 6

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

8 hours ago, Silicus said:

They are really going to squash all bugs?

Given the history of DTG I don't think so. Flight School and Train Sim have plenty of bugs that were never squashed. Why would they all of a sudden change?

Listening to a desire of long time flight simmers? Have not seen any evidence of this, only lots of marketing hype, surveys and hot air.

I am certainly not expecting miracles from DTG!

agree, sadly but I agree

• Upvote 1

Most flightsimmers have glasses that are half empty. Approaching a developer with a positive view is very hard for some of us.

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I have an idea. It may appear a bit radical though.

I suggest we wait and see what happens before we judge the product that has yet to be released. It makes no sense to either blindly support or condemn something you don't know anything about. DTG will share information as it becomes available. They have stated this at least a couple of times in this forum if memory serves me. I for one am withholding any opinion until I see more information releases.

I think we can all agree that no matter what product is released, there are going to be some glitches. It has happened with every version of every simulator that I know of. The key is (as many have said) is the response from the developer. How will they effectively handle the problems? This is something else we will just have to wait for.

Unfortunately my crystal ball is on the fritz today or I would tell you what the future holds but as it is I guess we will all have to wait to see.

• Upvote 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I have an idea. It may appear a bit radical though.

I suggest we wait and see what happens before we judge the product that has yet to be released. It makes no sense to either blindly support or condemn something you don't know anything about. DTG will share information as it becomes available. They have stated this at least a couple of times in this forum if memory serves me. I for one am withholding any opinion until I see more information releases.

I think we can all agree that no matter what product is released, there are going to be some glitches. It has happened with every version of every simulator that I know of. The key is (as many have said) is the response from the developer. How will they effectively handle the problems? This is something else we will just have to wait for.

Unfortunately my crystal ball is on the fritz today or I would tell you what the future holds but as it is I guess we will all have to wait to see.

I think the problem is that most of us are disappointed because DTG come here with announcements and promises, and never showed something. You know what all this remind me? No Man's Sky....

I'm flying now to LOWW, and my glass is overflowing with gobsmacking visuals in P3D v3.4

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

I'm flying now to LOWW, and my glass is overflowing with gobsmacking visuals in P3D v3.4

You might want to post this in the Avsim Screenshots forum. That way more people will see it.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I don't expect miracles. If I keep my expectations in check, I won't be disappointed.