Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airport Design Editor GP files

I would like to be able to add specific taxiway edge markings to one of my airports. These are the "load bearing limits" lines (thick yellow lines, with multiple short yellow lines at right angles) as seen in the following diagram...

450px-UK_CAP_168_paved_areas_edge_markin

I did this some time ago when I added a single short section for the upgraded version of EGTK Oxford in UK2000 VFR Airfields Volume 1 Version 2. However, I can't seem to find this specific line type anymore in the GP Editor when using Airport Design Editor. Does anyone know how to add lines like this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm not at my flightsim  computer  at the moment, but make sure that you have the most recent beta versions of the ADE and the GP Editor dll installed. These versions allow you to create your own materials for P3d. As to the line type missing, I will check on that in a bit but I don't believe  that the ADE GP default line types have changed in a long time. Maybe you have a   texture file missing from your ADE  installation.

This definitely should be in the FSDevelopers ADE forum..., those guys are very helpful and patient.  You are looking for the taxi edge ground line poly by the way.

Dan Downs KCRP

It looks like you made a composite of two parallel lines. As Dan pointed out, the the first is the taxiway_marks/double line. The second is gp_TwyShoulder_100F/Straight-50F/15M.

I do not recall having to do that last time, and I am unable to find anything in the manual describing this technique. As for Dan's suggestion, I do not see a "taxi edge ground line poly" anywhere...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You're probably better off to ask the developer Jon Masterson, as Dan Downs suggested above. It's very possible that you created a texture with the double line and the hatched edge marks yourself and an update to ADE overwrote it. I alway have to remember to keep a backup copy of my green asphalt texture as it does get overwritten with each ADE update. Anyway... here's a suggestion as to how to add curved lines to a taxiway:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/any-tips-for-gp-cureved-enhanced-center-line-taxiway-lines.439940/

Someone, somewhere must have already created this type of taxiway edge marking. Is there not a "central database" of textures that can be accessed by ADE users, so that we don't all have to keep reinventing the wheel?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have just decided to register for the FS Developer forums.....and now the site is closed because they are moving to a new server :rolleyes:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png