Sign in to follow this  
alex98

QOTSII update and 748 news?

Dear PMDG team,

Is there another update coming up for the QOTSII? The Issue tracking thread is being quiet for a while now... I do not mean that there should be an update, just curious to know if you guys found any issues to get corrected and if yes, what kind of issues.

Second, any news on the 747-8 extension? Really looking forward to this one!

Best regards

26 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

It is futile to ask questions like this really. News will come when it comes.

True dat!!

Vic green

1 hour ago, alex98 said:

Dear PMDG team,

Is there another update coming up for the QOTSII? The Issue tracking thread is being quiet for a while now... I do not mean that there should be an update, just curious to know if you guys found any issues to get corrected and if yes, what kind of issues.

Second, any news on the 747-8 extension? Really looking forward to this one!

Best regards

It is like asking is heaven ready for me and when is my time? : )

Worth a shot though... the extension will be worth the wait I am sure...

I love PMDG and I'm always excited to see new screenshots that Robert puts up, new videos that Kyle sticks on his channel or that marvellous "XXXX released!" thread title on the forum, but there are certain definitive rules in life that one cannot conquer - what goes up must come down, every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and the folks at PMDG put updates up when they're ready, not by request.

Just one of the several indisputable facts of life.

4 hours ago, Captain_Al said:

It is like asking is heaven ready for me and when is my time? : )

Worth a shot though... the extension will be worth the wait I am sure...

I was mainly curious about the issue tracking process and I thought it would be interesting for us to know in which direction the team is digging now. A little too naive from my part?... :biggrin:

1 hour ago, alex98 said:

I was mainly curious about the issue tracking process and I thought it would be interesting for us to know in which direction the team is digging now. A little too naive from my part?... :biggrin:

If there was anything to report, they would report it. If you haven't heard anything, there's likely nothing worth reporting.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I suspect after the initial new update method was deployed, it probably required some updates and changes to the delivery method before any new product updates would be pushed out. Would not be surprised to see any new product updates waiting for the 748 expansion and releasing at a similar time, with the 748 already incorporating those changes.

5 hours ago, 77west said:

I suspect after the initial new update method was deployed, it probably required some updates and changes to the delivery method before any new product updates would be pushed out.

A little of both. I think the OC's livery download function may already be using some of the added efficiency found in the improvements to the updaters, actually.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

I hope the 748 will not inherit 744 inaccuracies, if any. The one that comes to my mind is the thrust HOLD mode not able to keep the reference thrust at takeoff, that the 744 already imported from the 777 (where it is now fixed)... 

James Goggi

6 hours ago, jgoggi said:

I hope the 748 will not inherit 744 inaccuracies, if any. The one that comes to my mind is the thrust HOLD mode not able to keep the reference thrust at takeoff, that the 744 already imported from the 777 (where it is now fixed)... 

James,

Bringing this up at every possible moment really isn't helping anything. You posted. We acknowledged it, and we acknowledged that we're looking into it. What are you looking for here? You keep bringing it up, so there's gotta be something. If you only wanted it fixed, acknowledgement that it's being looked into should be enough, as it is with the majority of users here in the forum.

Moreover, I don't recall it ever being an issue in the 777, so your assertion that it's something that we've fixed previously is an interesting one, indeed.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Moreover, I don't recall it ever being an issue in the 777, so your assertion that it's something that we've fixed previously is an interesting one, indeed.

Come on, Kyle, in another thread I posted the link to that post dating back to 2014 where I highlighted this problem in the 777. One month later it was fixed in SP1c (see changelog)... Here it is again, for your convenience:

James Goggi

32 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Come on, Kyle, in another thread I posted the link to that post dating back to 2014 where I highlighted this problem in the 777. One month later it was fixed in SP1c (see changelog)... Here it is again, for your convenience:

James,

I was only a beta tester for the 777, so to expect me to recall every single issue is a bit on the extreme side. That's also not mentioning that it's an issue from nearly three years ago. I said "I don't recall," and not categorically that it wasn't there. Your lack of linking to any issue prior to that point didn't help.

As I mentioned earlier, though, each time you bring this up, one of us advises you that it has been acknowledged and is being worked on. Is there anything else that you want from us in particular, or are you simply continuing to bring it up to hang it over us?

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry, Kyle, I didn't mean that you should have remembered, I just said that I had already brought to your attention that issue in the 777 by posting the link to the message in the forum. No, nothing else, after fixing this issue the 744 will be perfect :biggrin:

James Goggi

15 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Sorry, Kyle, I didn't mean that you should have remembered, I just said that I had already brought to your attention that issue in the 777 by posting the link to the message in the forum. No, nothing else, after fixing this issue the 744 will be perfect :biggrin:

Cool. Thanks for linking to it. I'd completely forgotten.

Kyle Rodgers