Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Fly Tampa Grenadines

I posted on the Fly Tampa Forums about my issue and wanted to see if anyone here has solved this problem with there setup.  I purchased  Grenadines today everything seem to install fine but when I load a flight at any of the 5 airports there is no trees or building on the island.  I read about using the autogen config tool and tried it but no change.  I also use Ftx global and vector Olc NA and wonder if that may be causing this.  I have my scenery library in the correct order too. Using Windows 10 P3Dv3.4 

• Upvote 1

Kevin Humphryes

I have the exact same problem as you (https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/504106-island-scenery/?page=2).

Meanwhile you might want to try this (http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10165). I haven't tried it yet so no feedback on my behalf.

Regards,

Luís

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

As linked by Luis, I am the originator of that solution and it worked for me:

ppo

If you have setup FT Grenadines correctly with autogen and your default.xml is not corrupt it is still possible that Autogen is not working.
In my case, I have found the culprit to be the file: OLC_NA_REG.bgl located in the ORBX FTX_OLC Scenery folder.
I have switched it off and my autogen is 100% ok.
I am still testing and have not found any issues yet.
Will report back if I find some.

• Upvote 1

Pierre

2 hours ago, ppo said:

As linked by Luis, I am the originator of that solution and it worked for me:

ppo

Tested on my system and vegetation and autogen are working as they should (don't forget to max all scenery related slides). How did you managed to find the culprit file?

I have been using customer support (email) and Martin was unable to help to the point he stopped responding my emails. :ohmy:

What's the "reverse coin" of having to disable OLC_NA_REG.bgl?

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

By trial and error. I have a lot of patience (and time).

Have not found a negative effect yet.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Pierre

Where is the olc na reg.bgl I looked in my orbx folder but there were a bunch of them.   How do I find it?  I have an NA1 and a NA 2

Kevin Humphryes

Change file extension of OLC_NA_REG.bgl to OLC_NA_REG.off

The file is located in ...Prepar3D v3 (main folder)\ORBX\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA\Scenery

Best regards, Luís

37 minutes ago, ppo said:

By trial and error. I have a lot of patience (and time).

Have not found a negative effect yet.

Cheers

I am glad you did just that. It is an extremely tedious task for sure... :ampun:

Best regards, Luís

Thank you Thank you!  It worked and looks great.

Kevin Humphryes

I saw your post and as I have an autogen problem, sometimes vegetation disappear, I tried it. I found a culprit with ORBX 05S Vernonia! Plane loads in altitude:blush:

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

How about runway lights regarding Grenadines airports? I am experiencing some issues.

TVSB and TVSC only half the runway lights are visible. If you do a runway flyby as soon as your plane is about to pass the turned off lights they will become on.

TVSM PAPI lights show 4 lights at a distance. As soon you close in it will change to 2 lights as it should.

TVSU and TGPZ no issues as they do not have illuminated runways.

Anyone experiencing this? Any tips or solutions?

Best regards, Luís

I have not checked the airports at night will have a look tonight.

Kevin Humphryes

On 03/05/2017 at 9:20 PM, BamaKevin said:

I too do not have runway lights.

At least it's not a problem on my setup! Have you tried FlyTampa's support?

Best regards, Luís