Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Fly Tampa Grenadines

I posted over their forums but unfortunately got no response... http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10105

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Consequences of renaming OLC_NA_REG.bgl.

Found it: "

That file is causing issues with FlyTampa Grenadines. The autogen will not be available.

Renaming OLC_NA_REG.bgl to OLC_NA_REG.bgl.ori will cure the problem however, this will cause the the area near Tucson Arizona to show wrong LC class.

Re-locating Grenadines below OLC will not solve the problem.

This is a FYI sort of. Do not know if you can solve that...

It is definitely not the same part of the world.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you know. It took many hours of work to find the interaction between the two."

Posted that over at ORBX. I don't suppose I'll get a reply to that. But posted it anyway for the sake of useful information.

So, it appears to be a small area in Arizona, but it is very ugly.

Do not ask me how I found that out.... Pure luck really.

Cheers

Pierre

I assume the following excerpt from the manual has already been tried?  This is from an FSX install, but I would guess it applies to P3D as well.  

Missing Autogen. 

First check that the Autogen Slider under Scenery Display Settings is set to maximum "Extremely Dense". If the Autogen is still missing make sure the Scenery got installed with the Installation program. Copying the pre-installed folder /Addon Scenery/FlyTampaGrenadines from one FSX installation to another will result in missing Autogen. To check that the Autogen is correctly installed look for the following files: 

FSX/Autogen/AutogenDescriptions.spb(before_FlyTampa_Grenadines) FSX/Autogen/ default.xml(before_FlyTampa_Grenadines) FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Grenadines/scenery/ft_agn_tropic_***.BGL 

If these files are missing, run the AutogenEditor program contained within the folder: FSX/Addon Scenery/FlyTampa-Grenadine/Fly-Grenadines_FSX_AutogenEditor.EXE 

Yes Curt, that assumes what you describe has already been tried.

There are a lot of instructions at the FlyTampa site about what you should do if missing autogen.

But, after you've tried all their tips and still no autogen and you use Orbx OLC NA, then you know what to do.

From experience after having Grenadines for many years, you don't need to set autogen to extremely dense, it works very well at dense and their configurator tool does the job very well.

That was before Orbx OLC NA

Cheers

Pierre

Thanks Pierre for the info.  I installed OLC NA just a month ago, and just took my first look at my Grenadines airports.  Sure enough, I have the problem too!  It's too bad that there's a conflict between the two, but thank you for finding a workable solution.