Sign in to follow this  
HRAviations

737NGX Immersion Sounds and TSS 737NGX Sounds

Hello. i just recently got TSS's 737NGX sounds and wanted to install it. Im having a difficult time installing it and i also wanted to know if i could have 737NGX Immersion Sound and TSS's 737 sound together, if so, how do i install it?

7 hours ago, HRAviations said:

Hello. i just recently got TSS's 737NGX sounds and wanted to install it. Im having a difficult time installing it and i also wanted to know if i could have 737NGX Immersion Sound and TSS's 737 sound together, if so, how do i install it?

The readme should be pretty clear. Install it to a location like your desktop or I chose c:\TSS and then copy over the SOUND folder inside to the PMDG 737-800 folder in the simobjects\airplanes making sure to rename the original SOUND folder inside that to SOUND.BAK or similar

The Immersion sounds change the switches and other in cockpit sounds both compliment each other. I have not played around with the TSS sounds much I think the engine sounds from PMDG are very good and accurate but the Immersion sounds in my opinion are a must have, they change every switch sound and the electronics, apu, egpws and others.

The immersion sounds are a must-have. Still, don't forget to back up the original ones first! The directory is Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\PMDG\737NGX.

I am still using the original engine sounds from PMDG. TSS is recording theirs from the cabin rather than the cockpit, which makes a difference. Also, I find the wind doesn't drown out the engine sound very well at higher altitude (PMDG does this perfectly). Rather disappointing for payware.

7 hours ago, thepilot said:

The immersion sounds are a must-have. Still, don't forget to back up the original ones first! The directory is Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\PMDG\737NGX.

I am still using the original engine sounds from PMDG. TSS is recording theirs from the cabin rather than the cockpit, which makes a difference. Also, I find the wind doesn't drown out the engine sound very well at higher altitude (PMDG does this perfectly). Rather disappointing for payware.

ok so i backed up my default PMDG sound folder and put in the TSS sound folder and all i hear is engine nothing else...

15 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

The Immersion sounds change the switches and other in cockpit sounds both compliment each other. I have not played around with the TSS sounds much I think the engine sounds from PMDG are very good and accurate but the Immersion sounds in my opinion are a must have, they change every switch sound and the electronics, apu, egpws and others.

We did record every single switch in the real cockpit with professional microphones, multiple times in fact, and the airplane randomly picks one each time to create subtle variation. Not sure what this product is purporting to do that we didn't do already in the base soundset.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

10 hours ago, Tabs said:

Not sure what this product is purporting to do that we didn't do already in the base soundset.

Adding some variety. I've been flying the NGX for almost six years now –which is amazing for an addon– and am very satisfied overall, but have gotten used to it after hearing almost every sound many times over. The replacement sounds may be equally realistic since no two recording device records are quite the same and there are likely differences between the different airframes also.