Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Game Mode thoughts?

Not a go on my system,

It does not support 3rd party add-ons making it very "sloppy" using it.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Works perfectly in P3D for me, including all my add on's. And seems to give better performance.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hello guys,

I'm interested to this. However I don't have the option of enabling it for p3D when I click Win+G. I get the menu but not the tickbox in 'General' tab. In my understanding one should have updated to the Windows Insider program to get this feature?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

4 hours ago, Daedalus said:

In my understanding one should have updated to the Windows Insider program to get this feature?

No, it's a standard feature of the recent Creators Update which is available for everyone.

I left it (game mode) on after the update and it certainly doesn't appear to have adversely affected FSX. My frame rates are much better but I think that's possibly also down to the fact that the update reset all of my NVIDIA Control Panel and Profile Inspector settings to default. I previously had some quite complex antialiasing settings with adaptive vsync. Selecting only FXAA and fast vsync looks just as good to me but has given me approximately 15 FPS more. FSX looked smooth before but it's always good to get extra performance.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thank you vortex for the info. However, remember reading a post at FSElite about the Insider's update messing up the simulator. Is there any other change the creator's update does except reseting the nvidia profile? I'd really like to avoid any troubles.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

2 hours ago, Daedalus said:

However, remember reading a post at FSElite about the Insider's update messing up the simulator. Is there any other change the creator's update does except reseting the nvidia profile?

The Windows Insider Program is essentially a Windows 10 beta test for new features so there will inevitably be problems caused by the available builds. Think of the Creators Update as a stable, release version of the builds available through the Insider Program.

The Creators Update resets some of the privacy settings so you may have to change these back to what you want. It also rearranged the icons on my desktop, but these are both very minor issues. Other than that, I've had no problems at all.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

19 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

The Windows Insider Program is essentially a Windows 10 beta test for new features so there will inevitably be problems caused by the available builds. Think of the Creators Update as a stable, release version of the builds available through the Insider Program.

The Creators Update resets some of the privacy settings so you may have to change these back to what you want. It also rearranged the icons on my desktop, but these are both very minor issues. Other than that, I've had no problems at all.

Thank you very much again! :) I just installed now, no problems at all. Will going to check the Game mode now and report back.

10 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Thank you very much again! :) I just installed now, no problems at all. Will going to check the Game mode now and report back.

Good news! For me, Game Mode was on by default so you may need to turn it off first for a comparative test.

Make sure you turn off the background recording. I wasn't aware of it at the beginning. It's a pain and useless tool in P3D V3.

Cheers,

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.