Sign in to follow this  
Kerrydancer

FMC error messages

Hi,

I have a couple of questions relating to my 777 FMC which I hope can be resolved in the forum.

Firstly, although the latest AIRAC revision from Navigraph is clearly shown on the CDU Ident screen prior to entering flight plan data, the message  "Nav Data out of Date" is always shown on the CDU screen.  Can anyone advise why this should be.

Secondly, I have recently started getting the following error message in my CDU screen when entering a flight plan

LN:177 ERR at HDG

No matter what plan is entered, the same message is displayed. This would appear to indicate a heading error in line 177, but what is line 177 and how can this be accessed and corrected ?

Could anyone please explain and provide help in solving the problem.

Many thanks

Ron

Hi,

First problem is generally caused by starting with a saved flight outside the date range of the AIRAC, or by an incorrect system or FS date/time. The second problem indicates an error in the AIRAC file itself, or possibly in the Arpt_Rwy.dat file in the PMDG\Navdata folder - delete that file and let the aircraft rebuild it the next time you fly and see if that does the trick. If it doesn't then go download the current revised V3 AIRAC posted at Navigaph and if that doesn't fix it post the issue to their forum.

David Jones

13 hours ago, Kerrydancer said:

LN:177 ERR at HDG

The sidstar file associated with your origin or destination, on line 177 there is a syntax error near the key word HDG.  Too bad you didn't mention the locations, there's a few around that can read those files.

Dan Downs KCRP

HI guys,

Thanks for your replies.

In response, I never start FSX or P3D with any saved flights, But I'm not sure if you mean flights or flight plans.

If you mean flight plans created outside the range of the current AIRAC, I've never had this happening before and some plans date back at least a year.

The error appears immediately when entering any saved flight plan from FS Commander into the FMC CDU.  This is before entering any SID / STAR information with the DEP/ARR button.

I will take your advice and delete the relevant file and let the program rebuild.  The initial location when this happened was UBBB, immediately ( as I remember ) after updating with Navigraph AIRAC 1705, the current release. No matter what location I am at now, the error appears immediately on loading any flight plan into the FMC.

Ron

Hi,

Make sure that FS is set to a date/time within the range covered by the AIRAC. Make sure you are using version 3 of the PMDG AIRAC as currently posted on the Navigraph site. There were errors in earlier versions that may or may not be affecting your data. If you manually enter your flight plan, do you see the same error at line 177?

David Jones

I have never seen a problem in a flight plan file cause such an error message as this one...., not to say it isn't possible.

Ron, you say the error appears after entering any flight plan from FS Commander.... what about when you manually enter the same plan?  Doesn't have to be the entire plan, just enter origin, destination and a few enroute waypoints.  When you do this do you still get the same error?  What if you use different origin and destinations?

I've looked at the UBBB.txt sidstar file and the arrival on line 177 looks okay, and the keyword HDG isn't even used.

Please continue to add information to your story... we don't have a full picture yet of what you are doing and seeing.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi guys,

Can I thank you all for your help - the problem is now resolved.

I know I had downloaded AIRAC 1705 v2 quite recently because the small status screen next to PMDG turned orange instead of the usual green after updating, but I completely forgot about this in my post and I now realise it was obviously telling me there was some sort of a problem - but at the time this didn't ring any alarm bells with me.  I feel so stupid about it now !!

Anyway, when Ubersu mentioned 1705 v3, I immediatley went to Navigraph and updated.  The screen turned green - and now all is well.  The same flight plan loads properly into the CDU with no error.

You are also correct re the date / time issue.  P3D had an incorrect date on start-up.

I cannot thank you all enough for the time and trouble you have taken with this, and I apologise for being such a dickhead about it all.

Ron