Sign in to follow this  
Jethro

Posting pane tools missing/incomplete

Hello Chase & Jim, Good day to you both

I was wondering if you might take a look at my user account or "Edit Panel" settings and tools. There appears to be quite a few tools missing from my edit or reply panel, is this normal under the new IPS4 Suite for reply options to user posts.
There also seems to be no available Paperclip "Attachment tool" is  this by design. 
I am also not given the option of previewing my posts before submission.

Can you advise if anything can or should be done to fix the available tools under my user account. I am currently using (IE11 - Win7 / 64 Pro) but have also tried Google Chrome & FireFox, with same result.

Interestingly when creating this "new topic" the tools were all available in the panel banner.

Below - a pic of the edit pane that I'm seeing when replying to user posts (not many tools available).

ceb93295a236b3628230ff19acd050b9.jpg

Here's a pic of the Edit pane when creating this "New topic"  (Many more tools available - however a few out of sequence).

e54d80791c9ebafa52070eab5c75a2c4.jpg

We do not allow uploading of attachments to AVSIM.  You will have to host these on other websites.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim,

The attachments thingy isn't a big deal, as you can see there's no problem posting pictures, I can always use DropBox or something similar if I needed to link to a .cfg or text file.
But I was more concerned with the other Panel tools and the missing preview button. Is this the same for all users, should I be seeing more! -  than the 9 tools in the top picture, as there are 32 tools in the bottom picture.

Regards Jethro

I miss the preview button too.  Probably an addon that Tom bought and it is no longer compatible with the new site.  We have a lot of that happening and we are working to get many of the old add-ons updated for this version of the site.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just a quick note of thanks to the kind admin who fixed the "Post / Editing Pane Menu Tools" I now have a full compliment of tools showing.

Much appreciated

Uh, many thanks for the compliment but we didn't do anything to my knowledge.  What I see is what I have always seen.  Perhaps the day you had an issue you accidently clicked on "Source".  That turns off all of the tools.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Perhaps the day you had an issue you accidently clicked on "Source".  That turns off all of the tools.

Perhaps Jim, but I don't remember doing so! Maybe my page was stuck in a site Cookie. I needed to completely clear my IE11 Cache last night that may have been the problem all along.

Thankyou again for all your's an Chase's efforts to get the new IPS4 suite knocked into shape all seems to be working in harmony now.

Cheers Jethro

• Upvote 1

Hello

My Preview button is working perfect,  Is this not the same for everyone ?  Top right in the Tools