Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

WAMA 1.03 released

Hello @ll,

WAMA version 1.03 has been released today.

To get the update, please download the app again from your SimMarket account.

The two major features in this version are the added airport and gate information, and a logbook feature with (among other formats) a Google Earth export of the route that you have flown.

Please check out the manual about details of these features, especially about the optional gate information - this requires using a freeware tool (MakeRwys by Pete Dowson) to generate the initial scenery information for WAMA to use.

34408410055_0af12ff731_h.jpg

34249243472_8502516710_h.jpg

Here is the changelog:

Date 02.05.2017
Version 1.03 b13
- Bugfix: changed background color of logbook LED control
- Change: Show wait cursor when opening logbook window

Date 29.04.2017
Version 1.03 b12
- Change: made Gate pickup radius larger
- Change: added emergency save button for logbook
- Change: enabled persistent column ordering and resizing on position select data grid
- Change: removed automatic duplicate counter
- Bugfix: Gate database is not independend from position database any more => Added automatic update after import is complete.
- Bugfix: Database update not working correctly when upgrading from WAMA 1.02

Date 29.04.2017
Version 1.03 b11
- Bugfix: Input field for description too small
- Change: Saved aircraft will get at least the airport information, even if they are not at a gate.
- Change: Right-clicking on the position drop down opens a data grid with all saved positions to choose from

Date 29.04.2017
Version 1.03 b10
- Bugfix: restored wait-cursor when importing g5.csv
- Change: description is now independent of title and length is no longer limited.
- Change: initial database now contains only the airports, not the gates.
- Change: automated backup of the database file.

Date 25.04.2017
Version 1.03 b9
- Change: included VCREDIST in installer ZIP file (necessary for SQLite)
- Change: gate database moved to sqlite DB
- Change: included pre-compiled gate database for default scenery
- Change: LogBook editor window can be resized in height
- Change: Inlcuded option to save a log entry as FS flightplan
- Change: new Icons for GE Export of logbook
- Change: added controls to the settings window to influence log route colors
- Change: added confirmation dialog when deleting log entries
- Bugfix: wrong window title for Logbook editor
- Bugfix: Escaping strings when there are quotes in the aircraft name

Date 23.04.2017
Version 1.03 b8
- Change: Logbook is now an SQLITE database instead of the XML file
- Change: Logbook shall not record movements of the default vehicle
- Bugfix: Error in Logbook GE-Export when alternative path is set
- Bugfix: Logbook Window can be opened more than once

Date 22.04.2017
Version 1.03 b7
- Bugfix: Simulator crash when arrival and departure airports are too close together in "Fly there" mode
- Bugfix: Liveries that were put at the end of the cfg file were not read by the database editor scan
- Bugfix: Caught security exception when Windows UAC is too intrusive
- Change: implemented Logbook feature

Date 21.04.2017
Version 1.03 b6
- Change: redesigned the transfer flight feature (standard simulator AI => no specifc gates, activity timer)
- Change: added controls to delete departure/arrival gates
- Bugfix: rearranged the data fields of the acPosition structure to prevent lat = 0 from happening

Date 18.04.2017
Version 1.03 b5
- Bugfix: LIVE-position did not get a new description
- Bugfix: Crash when setting gates while combobox is empty
- Change: Relocating an aircraft can be done by sending it on an actual flight

Date 17.04.2017
Version 1.03 b4
- Change: Gate information can be used to relocate aircraft
- Change: Using the gate information as position description can be turned on or off
- Bugfix: Logic would delete my own aircraft at the departure/arrival gates
- Bugfix: refreshing the comboboxes on the DBE dialog

Date 17.04.2017
Version 1.03 b3
- Change: Departure and arrival gate are saved to the position database file

Date 16.04.2017
Version 1.03 b2
- Change: Added a feature to supplement additional gate information

Date 08.04.2017
Version 1.03 b1
- Bugfix: When importing flights, lat/lon calculation is wrong for negative values (W/S)

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Hello @ll,

To avoid misunderstandings about the logbook feature please take note of the following:

- The WAMA logbook will only log and display flights that you do while WAMA is active. It cannot show you your past history before you installed WAMA 1.03.

- The logbook is largely automatic, it starts recording when you take off, and it saves the log when you land. 

- There is a minimum duration for a flight of (initially) 5 minutes for the log to be saved. Flights shorter than this will be discarded. You can change this timeout on the logbook window. When you take off, the little LED on the "Logbook" button turns yellow, to show you that WAMA is aware that a flight might be happening. Once you have been in the air longer than the timeout, the LED turns bright green - then the recording is active and the log will be saved once you land again.

- WAMA will not log flights that you do with the default vehicle that you have registered in WAMA.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Many thanks Oliver. You have been busy. The gate feature is sure going to be handy. Many thanks.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I downloaded and installed WAMA yesterday and still very much learning it.  

During my first start and while experimenting with various options I attempted to view my location in Google Earth and received a cannot find Google Earth message.

After giving it some thought I then saved an aircraft and retried the button.  This time Google Earth loaded and displayed my position.

So, if the requirement is to have at least one aircraft saved then I would suggest changing the message to indicate that rather than saying Google Earth can't be found.  

A second option would be to make the button inactive until there was at least on entry in the drop down.

Just a suggestion, so as to not confuse the user.

Thanks for the program,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Hello Ernie,

many thanks for the find!

That error message is triggered by every error that would happen after pressing the GoogleEarth button - in this case, the position list is still empty and trying to access the selected entry fails.

I will fix this with the next WAMA update.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

LORBY-SI

Still one of the greatest little programs you can get for FSX/P3D.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

4 hours ago, warbirds said:

Thank you!!

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

LORBY-SI

Lovin this little app!

Question though. Having trouble using the logbook. When I leave the aircraft (via a hotkey) and go into the pod to see my aircraft from the outside, I loose my logbook entry for the flight. Is there an auto-log option that saves it upon leaving? Am I missing something? I haven't got a single logbook entry yet after ten flights. My problem is that I am in VR and do not see the main app window except for when I interact with it via hotkeys, and after the flight when I take off my goggles.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, glider1 said:

Lovin this little app!

Question though. Having trouble using the logbook. When I leave the aircraft (via a hotkey) and go into the pod to see my aircraft from the outside, I loose my logbook entry for the flight. Is there an auto-log option that saves it upon leaving? Am I missing something? I haven't got a single logbook entry yet after ten flights. My problem is that I am in VR and do not see the main app window except for when I interact with it via hotkeys, and after the flight when I take off my goggles.

Thanks again!

The logbook is largely automatic. It records only the flight events between take off and touch down, and it doesn't record whatever you do in your default vehicle (=the one that you switch to by pressing "Leave").

A flight will be logged, when your aircraft leaves the ground and has been in the air for more than the selected timeout (initially the timeout is 5 minutes, you can change that on the logbook window). The log is saved once you touch down again. If you interrupt your flight, your log will be lost, unless you use the "Log flight now" panic button on the logbook dialog to capture whatever has been recorded until that point.

It is important to note that the logbook dialog itself won't show the log entries automatically when you open it. You have to press the "Load logs" button first.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the support. Yes all sorted and working. It is possibly more intuitive to have the logbook entries show right away rather than having to load the log but there is probably a good reason why not. The export function is amazing opening up Google Earth. Love it.

6 hours ago, glider1 said:

It is possibly more intuitive to have the logbook entries show right away rather than having to load the log

True.

The reason why it was implemented this way is performance. Preloading the history works great when there are only a few entries. But once you have a couple of dozen (or hundreds of) logs, you will have to wait for quite a while until the dialog even opens. I wouldn't want to force that on the user.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On 11/05/2017 at 1:57 AM, warbirds said:

Cannot argue with that Paul. Game changer to be honest.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

8 hours ago, Gixxar said:

Will this work withe P3D V4?

Hi,

please check out my post in the "General" section. Versions for P3D V4 will be rolled out over the course of the next few weeks.

Best regards

LORBY-SI