Sign in to follow this  
jcjimmy

XP11.01r2 is out

Hey Jim, have you installed, and if so any input?

Bob

I installed it, works fine. The main feature is just removing a flashing cockpit artifact from cloud shadows. Nothing else major in the patch.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

How do you get this update? My X-p 11 say I am up to date with r1.

Terry

6 hours ago, Cat_Dad said:

How do you get this update? My X-p 11 say I am up to date with r1.

Terry

You need to dig into your XP11 main folder and look for the XP11installer.exe and run it.  New releases will not automatically install when you fire up XP.

As for performance, I've been away from the C172SP for a while, so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and try out the new release with a new freeware airport I found at the Org (shameless plug to TDG for outstanding freeware), but anywho, has anyone noticed the rratic behavior of the C172 lately?  I haven't messed around with the controller assignments for my controller, but I found the C172 acting like a caged animal on the tarmac, not to mention after touching down, hitting the brakes caused the aircraft to suddenly come to a complete stop with the parking brake set, even though I have both parking brake and normal brake set on different buttons.  I'll give it a go again tonight and see if it persists, maybe file a bug report about it.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

2 hours ago, Jimm said:

You need to dig into your XP11 main folder and look for the XP11installer.exe and run it.  New releases will not automatically install when you fire up XP.

As for performance, I've been away from the C172SP for a while, so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and try out the new release with a new freeware airport I found at the Org (shameless plug to TDG for outstanding freeware), but anywho, has anyone noticed the rratic behavior of the C172 lately?  I haven't messed around with the controller assignments for my controller, but I found the C172 acting like a caged animal on the tarmac, not to mention after touching down, hitting the brakes caused the aircraft to suddenly come to a complete stop with the parking brake set, even though I have both parking brake and normal brake set on different buttons.  I'll give it a go again tonight and see if it persists, maybe file a bug report about it.

Good morning, Jim.
I also notice 172 "temperamental" behavior I associate with a desert snake.
As for the brake I also notice sudden stops, I do not have pedals, control with Sidewinder Precision 2, so I have thought of setting simultaneous brake of the two wheels similar to what tmos in FSX or P3D, tight button fires brake, released button releases brake, and forget Parking brake.
You have ideas on how to do this with X-Plane 11, I use pure form, no third-party programs.
I hope you understand, I use Google Translator and not always what I say is translated correctly.

Thank you.

João Alfredo

• Upvote 1

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

3 minutes ago, Dumont said:

Good morning, Jim.
I also notice 172 "temperamental" behavior I associate with a desert snake.
As for the brake I also notice sudden stops, I do not have pedals, control with Sidewinder Precision 2, so I have thought of setting simultaneous brake of the two wheels similar to what tmos in FSX or P3D, tight button fires brake, released button releases brake, and forget Parking brake.
You have ideas on how to do this with X-Plane 11, I use pure form, no third-party programs.
I hope you understand, I use Google Translator and not always what I say is translated correctly.

Thank you.

João Alfredo

First off, thanks for confirming that it wasn't just my setup that was experiencing this.  Second, I also do not use pedals, and my TM HotasX T-Flight has buttons programmed separately for parking brake and just the brakes.  I believe something may be broken again with the aircraft, but I would need to fire up other default aircraft, maybe even a payware aircraft as well.  I hate to admit it, but it seems like every iteration of X-Plane 11 being released, tends to break something, while fixing other things.  During the end of the Beta phase, the C172 shaped up pretty well, so I assumed everything was still on par lately, hence why I used the aircraft last night.  I'm not upset, but I am shaking my head as to why the erratic behavior continues.  I did notice the fancy prop now on the aircraft and the visual appeal has increased on the flight model, but the flight control of the aircraft is still a bit hinky.  one good thing came from the flight last night (aside from the great airport I flew from) is the increased frames.  Maybe it's just due to the aircraft being default, but I was back up into the upper 40s to low 50s while flying and I miss that from before.  I know Ben has stated that average fps should still be in the upper 30's, so after a bit more testing, if my frames are still high, I can adjust my settings higher to compensate.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

9 hours ago, Paraffin said:

I installed it, works fine. The main feature is just removing a flashing cockpit artifact from cloud shadows. Nothing else major in the patch.

Excellent !

4 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

Excellent !

As a courtesy to the community, here are the release notes, published for RC2:

Release Candidate 2

Bug fixes:

XPD-7942 Can’t pop out GPS when paused.

XPD-7965 X-Plane 11.01 Cockpit Flashing Problem.

XPD-7985 Crash on startup with FMS prefs.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimm said:

So there is no box to check as there was in the beta version of X-Plane 11 in order to get updates? I do not remember having to go to an installer in X-plane 10. When I would start the program it automatically ask me if I wanted to update to the most current version. Are we really there yet with this r2 version or is that still down the road yet?

Terry

9 minutes ago, Cat_Dad said:

So there is no box to check as there was in the beta version of X-Plane 11 in order to get updates? I do not remember having to go to an installer in X-plane 10. When I would start the program it automatically ask me if I wanted to update to the most current version. Are we really there yet with this r2 version or is that still down the road yet?

Terry

RCs can be viewed as betas, so with that, ensure the beta box is checked, if you want to participate in these releases.

38 minutes ago, Jimm said:

RCs can be viewed as betas, so with that, ensure the beta box is checked, if you want to participate in these releases.

They're not viewed as betas, they are betas, which is why you have to check the beta box to get them.  Once Laminar is satisfied that there are no major problems then they'll push them out as a regular update.

4 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

They're not viewed as betas, they are betas, which is why you have to check the beta box to get them.  Once Laminar is satisfied that there are no major problems then they'll push them out as a regular update.

We're mincing words here.  If they were technically and literally betas, they would be released with that specific wording, but they aren't.  If members really need clarification, they can read about it all here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

7 minutes ago, Jimm said:

We're mincing words here.

This is still important.

RCs are still versions which should not be viewed as 100% suitable for the end user. They should be much more stable than betas, so the risk of installing them should be reduced, but there could still be unexpected issues, so it's still the risk of the users to install these. Or stick with the latest real release.

(That's why I also don't like Laminar's wording. They call RCs R1 and R2 on X-Plane's title screen, because they don't want to create a new build for just changing the version number from RC to R, but this can be confusing).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir