Sign in to follow this  
signal_runner

No way to unsubscribe from Aurasim app

Beware the Aurasim app  - it appears to be a scam. If you sign up to pay there is no way to unsubscribe and as far as I can tell they'll just keep taking money off you and ignore all support emails to try an unsubscribe. I now have to cancel my CC card and get a new one just to put an end to this. Shameful. Beware folks.

I expect they'll probably "moderate" this post and take it down, but if you manage see it, spread the word!

The Aurasim application (used for determining Dash 8 Q400 V Speeds) is not a scam - far from it.  I have used the application for several years, and Ben of Airline2Sim is a good friend of fine - and many people in our community know and respect Ben.

Problems with Web Hosting and payment sites do happen. If you have a problem with an developer or service, it's best to reach out to them to resolve the matter.  Knowing Ben as I do, he would do anything and everything possible to resolve such an issue.

For the record, Ben is not the developer of the AuraSim application. The person who developed and maintained this application had to stop providing it for personal reasons, and Ben volunteered to keep it active for the community.  He only charges a very small amount for access (I think it's $4.00 USD a year or something like that), just enough to keep the application hosted online.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks Dave - understood. I've put in two requests to unsubscribe through Airline2Sim now and still no response though. Guess I'll just have to keep paying the yearly fee for something I won't be using. 

He may be on travel. I've reached out to him and I'm sure he'll get back to you as soon as he's able

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sorry gents, I was indeed away for a few days without access to this site. I'm certainly not going to moderate anything - indeed it's healthy to tackle issues head on.

Aurasim has been around for years with thousands of users and is certainly not a scam.

A couple of points that I need to make - as pointed out above, we didn't develop Aurasim and only kept it going as a community resource for which we charge a token fee of a couple of dollars per year which barely covers the initial licence fee we paid to acquire it. 

There is no automatic renewal process for inactive subscriptions so there's absolutely no way that you can be charged multiple times, plus the payment method is via Paypal so to the best of my knowledge this is totally separate from your credit card. Any recurring payments (not that Aurasim is a recurring payment anyhow) can be stopped via your Paypal account directly. 

I know that there have been reports of people who have had problems with access and that the beginning and end dates for their subscriptions have gone a bit screwy. I'm quite happy to try to resolve these issues via our support or feel free to contact me directly via ben (at) airline2sim.com 

Hope that helps,

Ben

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com