Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Las Vegas for XP?

Hi,

does anybody know, if a developer is working on a Las Vegas scenery? Or is it safe to buy Glitter Gulch?

Glitter Gulch looks great and contains a lot, but i like also Drzewiecki-Design and i would hate it, if i buy now Glitter Gulch and a short period later Drzewiecki-Design would have a Vegas scenery.

There's nobody working on Las Vegas right now AFAIK. I doubt Drzewiecki would touch it because he doesn't like to develop sceneries that already have a good version available (for example he didn't make Dulles for his latest Washington scenery because of the existing Flightbeam version). There's 1 Las Vegas scenery for MSFS available and 2 updated versions on the way, so the market is probably too saturated for Drzewiecki to throw his hat in the ring. Glitter Gulch is cheap and looks very good, and also includes several other airports in the area. 

1 hour ago, hamoody said:

There's nobody working on Las Vegas right now AFAIK. I doubt Drzewiecki would touch it because he doesn't like to develop sceneries that already have a good version available (for example he didn't make Dulles for his latest Washington scenery because of the existing Flightbeam version). There's 1 Las Vegas scenery for MSFS available and 2 updated versions on the way, so the market is probably too saturated for Drzewiecki to throw his hat in the ring. Glitter Gulch is cheap and looks very good, and also includes several other airports in the area. 

Hey boss, you do know this is an X-Plane topic, right?  Flightbeam doesn't have one product for X-Plane (unless you know something I don't)...that would be P3D and FSX.  It seems like fair game right now in the airport development world, with one developer trampling over some great freeware/donationware in place, but it doesn't stop everyone else from putting out some fantastic airports that one could settle on for good.

As I see it, the whole world is fair game to develop an airport for, BUT like the old saying goes about a guy getting in bed with another man's wife...it's just not cool man.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I do hope this will be MisterX's next project. It'd fit geographically to his other ventures and there is indeed no decent scenery available for XP11 (Glitter Gulch has been last updated two years ago and while providing good value for money, the scenery of KLAS itself doesn't really seem to be of high quality. But I don't own it, just judging from what I can see on pics.)

3 minutes ago, domae001 said:

I do hope this will be MisterX's next project. It'd fit geographically to his other ventures and there is indeed no decent scenery available for XP11 (Glitter Gulch has been last updated two years ago and while providing good value for money, the scenery of KLAS itself doesn't really seem to be of high quality. But I don't own it, just judging from what I can see on pics.)

Yes, Glitter Gulch is a XP10 holdover.  Reason being that it it's interchangeable, and there are still a lot of XP10 holdouts.

As far as "no decent scenery available", I am assuming that other than the Glitter Gulch, then yes, nothing earth-shattering in that part of the country...yet.  I should make note though that there is slow, but great progress being made to Gateway Airports in XP11.  If you go here (or pay attention to the emails that Laminar sends out), custom gateway airports are cropping up everywhere.

https://gateway.x-plane.com/major-airports

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

4 minutes ago, Jimm said:

If you go here (or pay attention to the emails that Laminar sends out), custom gateway airports are cropping up everywhere.

https://gateway.x-plane.com/major-airports

Oh, I never get e-mails from them. Guess they don't like me :-( (Or I didn't subscribe to them...)

Gateway airports are indeed fine for me. My home airport is EDDK and there is no decent scenery for it at all, but the gateway airport does get the layout quite right and especially at night feels better than the payware Aerosoft scenery I had for FSX. It's one of the great advantages of XP: In FSX, you'd have to get payware scenery, because default just wasn't tolerable at all. In XP11, payware is entirely optional, because the defaults range from tolerable to quite good.

2 minutes ago, domae001 said:

Oh, I never get e-mails from them. Guess they don't like me :-( (Or I didn't subscribe to them...)

Gateway airports are indeed fine for me. My home airport is EDDK and there is no decent scenery for it at all, but the gateway airport does get the layout quite right and especially at night feels better than the payware Aerosoft scenery I had for FSX. It's one of the great advantages of XP: In FSX, you'd have to get payware scenery, because default just wasn't tolerable at all. In XP11, payware is entirely optional, because the defaults range from tolerable to quite good.

There appear to be two versions of EDDK at the Org, and both appear to be from the XP10 days, but give it time, someone may get to it, OR you could appeal to this developer's good graces and request one be done: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/348816-tdg/content/&type=downloads_file& . For what I have used of his airports, they are very well done, and he's all over the place in the world, creating pretty darned good airports. :happy:

I can't argue with that statement about FSX default airports...I have a fair bit of cash invested in a great many 3rd party payware airports for FSX (including ORBX), just to get some decent realism out of a flight, but now their gathering virtual dust on a backup hard drive.

40 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Hey boss, you do know this is an X-Plane topic, right?  Flightbeam doesn't have one product for X-Plane (unless you know something I don't)...that would be P3D and FSX.  It seems like fair game right now in the airport development world, with one developer trampling over some great freeware/donationware in place, but it doesn't stop everyone else from putting out some fantastic airports that one could settle on for good.

As I see it, the whole world is fair game to develop an airport for, BUT like the old saying goes about a guy getting in bed with another man's wife...it's just not cool man.

Hey, BOSS, I was talking about Drzewiecki, who develops products for FSX and XP in PARALLEL. Washington by Drzweiki for XP does not have Dulles because the FSX version doesn't have Dulles, and the FSX version doesn't have Dulles because Flightbeam makes a good Dulles addon. The developer explained this himself on his forum. I was responding DIRECTLY to the OPs concern that Drzewiecki would come out with Las Vegas for XPlane, which I explained was highly unlikely because he won't do it for FSX, and he doesn't develop products solely for one platform or the other. 

3 minutes ago, hamoody said:

Hey, BOSS, I was talking about Drzewiecki, who develops products for FSX and XP in PARALLEL. Washington by Drzweiki for XP does not have Dulles because the FSX version doesn't have Dulles, and the FSX version doesn't have Dulles because Flightbeam makes a good Dulles addon. The developer explained this himself on his forum. I was responding DIRECTLY to the OPs concern that Drzewiecki would come out with Las Vegas for XPlane, which I explained was highly unlikely because he won't do it for FSX, and he doesn't develop products solely for one platform or the other. 

Whoa, calm down, the expressive term "boss" wasn't meant as derogatory...sorry I bothered you.

The way you worded the post, it sounded like you were speaking about the wrong sim.  Again, sorry I bothered your discussion.  Next time, please use quotes if you are going to directly respond to a particular person so as not to confuse the thread participants.

4 hours ago, Jimm said:

Whoa, calm down, the expressive term "boss" wasn't meant as derogatory...sorry I bothered you.

The way you worded the post, it sounded like you were speaking about the wrong sim.  Again, sorry I bothered your discussion.  Next time, please use quotes if you are going to directly respond to a particular person so as not to confuse the thread participants.

Sorry for snapping at you. The way I usually use/hear it, calling someone "boss" is excessively rude and condescending, and that's how I read your post- I suppose tone doesn't come across well in forum posts. Anyway, I re-read my initial post and understand how it could be confusing. I hope my reply clarified my point sufficiently. 

Again, my apologies for the rude reply. 

2 minutes ago, hamoody said:

Sorry for snapping at you. The way I usually use/hear it, calling someone "boss" is excessively rude and condescending, and that's how I read your post- I suppose tone doesn't come across well in forum posts. Anyway, I re-read my initial post and understand how it could be confusing. I hope my reply clarified my point sufficiently. 

Again, my apologies for the rude reply. 

No worries, I guess I can see how you would misconstrue what I said.

OK, thanks for all input! I hope Tom is doing fine. It´s been a while since he wrote something at the Org.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:25 AM, jt8d9a said:

Hi,

does anybody know, if a developer is working on a Las Vegas scenery? Or is it safe to buy Glitter Gulch?

Glitter Gulch looks great and contains a lot, but i like also Drzewiecki-Design and i would hate it, if i buy now Glitter Gulch and a short period later Drzewiecki-Design would have a Vegas scenery.

On the Drzewiecki-Design forum back in December Stansilaw did mention that "Vegas will probably be next" in a response to a question regarding their city sceneries.

Darren Morris

The Glitter Gulch scenery definitely needs to be updated!   I have emailed Tom numerous times with no response.

I emailed Stansilaw last month about developing KLAS and the strip for XPL.  He only mentioned that Fly Tampa is developing KLAS for FSX\P3D in the future.  I would love to see a Drzewiecki Las Vegas!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.