Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Best VFR Scenery, airport and ground (pref not too much photo)

HI all

Well, it happened, I got into VFR flying. Have been doing a lot in Austria (lowi (obv)> something) but now wanna expend. 

Does anyone have a tip of a place / region which is nice with good scenery, as lively as possible (birds or idk). I have been looking at Norway, and gonna try that, but there aren't that many good airports available.

I read and saw pnw, but I'm not sure which airports are nice in that region (there are many :o(have been using airdailyx's map))

SO, any suggestions and discusions would be sweet ^^

cheerio victorio

Victor Roos

New Zealand takes some beating.

Ian S

38.jpg

I have all the Orbx North America FTX regions, and have been flying copters from one airport to the next in those regions. It turns P3D into a entirely new sim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Agree with the previous post: the ORBX FTX regions PNW, Northern and Southern California are excellent sceneries for VFR, and ORBX have developed a number of mid-size and smaller airports, particularly in PNW and Northern California. Also the FTX England region is very good, and ORBX has developed several small to mid-size airports. UK2000's three VFR airport packs includes just about every airport in England, and mostly they blend well with the FTX England scenery (at least for Spring and Fall seasons). FTX Northern Germany is a very interesting scenery, but so far ORBX has developed only one payware airport for the region, and I am not too sure about the many Aerosoft airports for Germany; most are quite old and I am not sure they are totally compatible visually with ORBX and P3D.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

26 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Agree with the previous post: the ORBX FTX regions PNW, Northern and Southern California are excellent sceneries for VFR, and ORBX have developed a number of mid-size and smaller airports, particularly in PNW and Northern California. Also the FTX England region is very good, and ORBX has developed several small to mid-size airports. UK2000's three VFR airport packs includes just about every airport in England, and mostly they blend well with the FTX England scenery (at least for Spring and Fall seasons). FTX Northern Germany is a very interesting scenery, but so far ORBX has developed only one payware airport for the region, and I am not too sure about the many Aerosoft airports for Germany; most are quite old and I am not sure they are totally compatible visually with ORBX and P3D.

I have barely flown in USA, no vfr every, so might be really interesting to try ^^. Time to look for a nice pnw route (are there any ?:P)

Victor Roos

There is a complete range of excellent freeware but payware quality sceneries for Norway here:

http://www.flightsimnorway.com/

Personally, I prefer their version of ENGM Oslo to Aerosoft's.

• Upvote 1

Petraeus