Sign in to follow this  
Hardy6

Flight control yoke

I didn't notice when my problem happened. My yoke sitting idle, is shaking, yanking left and right. When I try to turn the yoke it goes hard left or right.  I can't fly with it. Calibration doesn't work.  Just wondering if any one has had this problem. Thanks Stanford.

23 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

I didn't notice when my problem happened. My yoke sitting idle, is shaking, yanking left and right. When I try to turn the yoke it goes hard left or right.  I can't fly with it. Calibration doesn't work.  Just wondering if any one has had this problem. Thanks Stanford.

Sounds like you have duplicate axes assigned. Your yoke itself may need calibration (because of the shaking), but it seems like there's another axis on your hardware that's also assigned to your roll axis.

As an example, if you have both a yoke and a throttle, the throttle's axes may be assigned to roll and pitch. Some other slider on your hardware may also be assigned incorrectly. The first place you should check for hardware issues is the calibration screen, but don't forget to check what gets auto-assigned (FSX will auto-assign things to be "helpful" - but it's only truly helpful if you have a very basic setup that only uses X, Y, and Z axes).

Kyle Rodgers

Definitely re-assign all your axis just to be safe. I had this problem when the power went out, and my PC restarted. Also happens when USB comes loose or disconnects. I had this problem and thought I was going mad...slammed my feet down on my pedals and my yoke jerked hard left. My Eureka moment!

Thank you every one. I will work on this.

Update. Found that my Logitech key board was causing the problem. I had everything plugged into a usb powered device. I plugged the keyboard into it's labeled spot. Then the two controllers into the powered usb device. Calibraded and assigned each one for what it is. So far so good. This topic is solved. Thanks Stanford.

Edited by Hardy6