Sign in to follow this  
brucets

FS Dream Team products virus infections

Greetings!

I am getting a lot of Avast & MSE *PUP* virus warnings on FSDT and Flightbeam airports plus Couatle/Addon Manager.??? Anyone else?

I went to sign up for their forum and FireFox says thei forum has an insecure connection.

I have screen shots of some, but can't see where to add one to this post.

Bruce

i uninstalled avast becouse of false warnings and blocking / deleting my FS files, even when they were excluded from scanning. I don't use any antivirus. Just periodically checks with free malwarebytes https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/   Never had a problem since

Check it, maybe you realy have some PUP’s

P.S. I downloaded and installed all my FSDT products yesterday(reinstalled the sim), no problems and forums works fine for me

Thanks for the reply. Avast finds problems where Malwarebytes doesn't. MSE does also. MSE found a trojan attached to Capt Sim 737-100 a week ago. I deleted the CS 731. I deleted and re-installed all the FSDT stuff a couple days ago and again both MSE and Avast found more PUP's. Last night I installed RogueKiller and it found a whole bunch of stuff but it didn't mention specific names of programs -- just unintelligible code. I took a deep breath and deleted everything.

Bruce

1 hour ago, brucets said:

I am getting a lot of Avast & MSE *PUP* virus warnings on FSDT and Flightbeam airports plus Couatle/Addon Manager.??? Anyone else?

Avast is not good for flight simming. You can rely on FSDT and Flightbeam products, and what they recommend is to disable your antivirus when installing their sceneries and/or updating its modules (both internally in the sim and externally).

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks, Ed!

Been using FSDT for years and this is the first I've had any problems. Will disable Avast.

Bruce

37 minutes ago, edpatino said:

disable your antivirus when installing their sceneries and/or updating its modules (both internally in the sim and externally)

+1

And it's recommended for all flightsim folders to be excluded from AV scanning

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, lodestar said:

And it's recommended for all flightsim folders to be excluded from AV scanning

+1, very important reminder!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Roger --- I excluded my FSX file folder and the Flight Sim folder itself from Avast scanning.

Thanks again, gents!

Bruce

Avoid any AV that touts "heuristic behavior" as it means any change to an exe will be seen as a red flag.

Reactive AV is the worst.

Something using a db that is updated every day or two is best.

Malwarebytes does a *heuristic* scan!?

1 hour ago, Zatoichi said:

Something using a db that is updated every day or two is best.

data base?

What do you use?

Thanks -

Bruce

I've had FSDT since inception, and never had any issues. All these antivirus programs gives only but false positives when it comes to our sim products.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brucets said:

Malwarebytes does a *heuristic* scan!?

data base?

What do you use?

Thanks -

Bruce

Kaspersky

They found stux net ;)

I have tried Avast, AVG ...I have been computing since Black Ice was top of the line.

Kaspersky was the ONLY one to find and eliminate a rootkit I encountered. Avast found it and removed it but not the file that injected it into the system. Kaspersky did.

A buddy of mine just had a load of his dll files taken out by his antivirus and I had to send him a load.  I think he uses avlast 

14ppkc-6.png

There were a fair amount of complaints years ago about FSDT. The poster's here now are largely new since then. Some very knowledgeable simmers un-installed FSDT stuff back then -- as I recall.

Kapersky isn't rated as high as it once was. There are so many free AV programs now. What's a mother to do? :blink::biggrin:

The virus was invented for one purpose! To sell antivirus programs! I have never used one and never will, common sense is the safest option.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!