Sign in to follow this  
brucets

FS Dream Team products virus infections

2 hours ago, brucets said:

The poster's here now are largely new since then

I belive that was something else, not mallware related - it was more about addon manager changing / adding things to fsx.CFG, and some DLL's to FSX. I never liked this, and i did stoped buying / installing addons which would do that kind of things. But FSDT is ok now, i had only once a problem recently, it has installed outdated C++, that can lead to problems with other addons, CTD's, FPS loss, stuttering etc. Not a big deal, just reinstalled latest versions. Here is the link to all in one installer which is kept up to date: http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html  

1 hour ago, SierraHotel said:

The virus was invented for one purpose! To sell antivirus programs! I have never used one and never will, common sense is the safest option.

+1

I'm with you 100% on this one :cool:

Well, glad to hear FSDT is okay now as I really like their products.

Thanks for the download link, I'll save it.

After 19 years of using a PC I got my first virus last week --- Trojan:Win32/Rundas.B and it was attached to the Capt. Sim 737-100 exe which was in my FSX products folder on a storage drive. I'm very careful about accessing websites too.

Interesting that some here don't use AV programs. First I heard of that.

Thanks again for all the input here!

Bruce