Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

Today is the day!

We are delighted to (finally) let you know that Flight Sim World™, will be released into Steam’s Early Access program in the coming weeks.Copy from the press release is as follows:

Based on benchmark flight simulation technology, Flight Sim World will provide players with an unprecedented level of realism and detail. Its officially licensed GA aircraft will be the most authentic and detailed in-sim representations on the market, faithfully replicating their real world counterparts, with every gauge and switch fully operational.

Not only do these aircraft look like the real thing, but they also interact with the environment in an accurate way. A combination of atmospheric effects and advanced behind-the-scenes mechanics, result in a remarkably unique home simulation experience. Watch the raindrops race across your windscreen in stormy weather, while the physics engine challenges you with true-to-life aircraft behavior, including edge-of-envelope spins and stalls.

Whether you want to plan a peaceful flight somewhere sunny or test your skills with tricky situations fraught with bad weather and engine failures, the comprehensive Flight Planner gives you full control over weather, location and time of day, also allowing you to add random events that will make your time in the air even more challenging. For those who want to focus more on content creation, also included with Flight Sim World is the Pro Mission Editor, which is a professional tool which allows players to create more complex missions.

“The time has come for a new flight simulator which really focuses on the physical quality of the aircraft and a flight model which brings them to life”, said Executive Producer Stephen Hood. “After doing some intensive work on the game engine – such as providing a much-needed 64 bit element – we now have a flight simulation platform which will allow us and our partners to focus on creating new and exciting ways for simmers to benefit from these advances. New features and expansions to Flight Sim World will be rolled out as part of the Early Access program and beyond, reinforcing our absolute commitment to the hobby.

In addition to providing core updates and expansions, Flight Sim World will build on Dovetail Games’ extensive partnership publishing program, allowing high quality add-on developers and publishers to make available excellent additional content such as aircraft, airports, missions, and scenery.

“We have already built relationships with some of the best and brightest flight simulation developers in the industry”, added Simon Sauntson, Head of Third Party at Dovetail Games. “Flight Sim World will expand on those partnerships as we continue to secure premium content for our players. In addition to growing existing partnerships, we are reaching out to the wider development community to foster new relationships and bring top quality content to FSW”

Available May 2017 on Steam Early Access

For more information, visit www.flightsimworld.com

Edited by Jim Young
Removed bad link to site. OP's and Posts can be edited two hours from creation.
  • Upvote 8

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

=OMG=  !!!!

:blink: or should I :lope_you:  or simply erase all stuff in my disk and wait for that release :-) ????

This looks like really Great News !!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

We are releasing in Early Access, which essentially means we are giving everyone a chance to get involved in the development process. The sim isn't finished but we would like as many people as possible to come along for the ride :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Congratulations to Aimee, Cryss, and the whole DTG on this achievement! I'm looking forward to hearing the details on the performance and features of your new sim.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I feel it will be GOOOOOOOOD !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That looks very good! Glad to see DTG deliver and give us a great new platform.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Great news  :ohmy:

I

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I tried to subscribe but received a red error message at the bottom (using several browsers) and was asked to try again. I think my password is compliant to the guidelines (1 uppercase, 1 number).

Anyone else successful/unsuccessul?

Update: Issue solved, just got a reply mail.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

22 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

We are releasing in Early Access, which essentially means we are giving everyone a chance to get involved in the development process. The sim isn't finished but we would like as many people as possible to come along for the ride :biggrin:

Aimee , can you give any details about what is and is not finished then please, or the level of development of certain areas if a binary reply wouldnt be appropriate? Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I look forward to being able to purchase on Steam.  Is this an entirely new engine or still based on the old FSX Code?  Does this cover the entire planet?

Ian R Tyldesley

2 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Aimee , can you give any details about what is and is not finished then please, or the level of development of certain areas if a binary reply wouldnt be appropriate? Thanks!

Sure thing. The aircraft are finished (the core aircraft, not the AI aircraft). Multiplayer functionality is not final, nor is the weather system in game. We are also going to expand on our flight planner as well as Steam workshop functionality for the Pro Mission Editor and the flight planner. 

In addition, we will we working with you to identify and fix any issues that come up before release :D 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

6 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

I look forward to being able to purchase on Steam.  Is this an entirely new engine or still based on the old FSX Code?  Does this cover the entire planet?

Yes, this is based on updated FSX code and covers the entire planet.

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Just now, DTG_Aimee said:

Yes, this is based on updated FSX code 

Thank you for your reply Aimee.  DTG's new sim looks good, though i rather liked the new Train Sim as well.  Congratulations and here's hoping for a successful launch.

Ian R Tyldesley