Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

Just now, WotanUK said:

Congratulations and here's hoping for a successful launch.

Thank you :happy:

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

"Integration of Accu-Feel™ technology"

Saw this in the e-mail announcement I just received. Nice!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Wonderful news!. Trailer looks interesting. Congrats to the team for revealing the launch announcement details. Look forward to participating. I just hope the community can give constructive feedback positive and negative but not bashing. Its a flight simulator we can look forward to in the future.

Is there any details about what 3rd party addons will be available at or soon after launch?

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 minute ago, HighTowers said:

Is there any details about what 3rd party addons will be available at or soon after launch?

Not yet as they are very much still being worked on and I don't want to steal 3rd party dev's thunder!

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Congratulations, it does look like the next thing. Let's only hope :)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

What exactly are the new features that we can expect? How easy will it be to transfer FSX add-ons to the new program?

1 minute ago, cleonpack93 said:

How easy will it be to transfer FSX add-ons to the new program?

Flight Sim World is not designed to be backwards compatible with FSX add-ons. All part of moving forwards, I'm afraid!

• Upvote 2

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

I'm looking forward to purchasing the EA

2 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

Flight Sim World is not designed to be backwards compatible with FSX add-ons. All part of moving forwards, I'm afraid!

Has to happen at some point, might as well be now.

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

It's hard to tell if it will be good, but I would say the first steps are not bad in my opinion.

Using early access can provide lots of usefull feedback, and from the announcement we see that the full world is there, so no Flight like small area.

I really hope though, that is my biggest one fear they won't be any restriction to add content without using the steam marketplace or workshop. Just like it is right now for FSX:SE, Train Simulator or X-Plane 11. To not force third parties to sell through one unique way. Giving the option is good but enforcing is bad for me, and I fear biggest addons developers would not go this way and make the sim less interesting at least for me.

Their steam site lists Jeppesen as the provider for navdata btw.

1 minute ago, domae001 said:

Their steam site lists Jeppesen as the provider for navdata btw.

Yep and Orbx for textures so they are aiming for good things it seems at least :) Curious to get my hands of it

Bugger! I can see I need a GFX card upgrade - minimum spec is 4Gb GTX970..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Does the developer have a simple way to migrate the original FSX addon?

1 minute ago, BaiCaiX said:

Is it compatible with FSX's third-party addon ?

Answered before, it is not designed to be backward compatible. I guess some stuff maybe scenery could be taken there, but forget any addons using programing as they shift to 64 bits, nothing can work directly with it.