Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

Same blur, same roads cutting on everything and now we loose the best part of FSX that was liners. Not sure it was the best marketing move to go competiting with XP11 on GA where it shines. Good luck.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Desaix said:

Same blur, same roads cutting on everything and now we loose the best part of FSX that was liners. Not sure it was the best marketing move to go competiting with XP11 on GA where it shines. Good luck.

Hmm, where is it said that liners are out ?

Ok Desaix - just saw where :-/  ... Sorry :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for the announcement Aimee.  Ever since I tried the Oculus Rift at the FlightSimCon in Connecticut last year I have been watching for improved compatibility through nVidia or the flightsim devs.  I bought the OR and then realized that some lighting features are turned off when using it.  

Is DTG planning on better integrating Oculus into the upcoming sim?

Can someone point me to FSW's features?

Thanks,

Rob 

\Robert Hamlich/

15 hours ago, adyfoot said:

Am I right in my understanding that Flightsim World is based on the same previous FSX code that LM use for P3D?

FSW is based on an updated version of the FSX code, yes. 

• Upvote 1

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

15 hours ago, dsmbell said:

I see there is a minimum spec for a PC on Steam but can you advise on a recommended spec? Thanks.

That'll be coming in the next couple of weeks. 

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

14 hours ago, KavindaJD said:

You have the FSX code - if you leave it untouched, there will be limitations.

That's the point. We haven't left it untouched. Where do you think 64 bit came from? :happy:

We have done a lot of tinkering under the hood which prevents add-ons from being backwards compatible.  

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

5 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

That'll be coming in the next couple of weeks. 

Can you confirm that the minimum GPU is in fact a GTX 970? It just doesn't seem right.

13 hours ago, france89 said:

this meant that, to bring the platform forward, they should introduce only new original addons to their Flight Sim and nothing that was previously available.

Not necessarily. We will be working with developers and publishers to enhance their existing add-ons, taking full advantage of the upgrades we have made to the engine. 

There are only a finite number of aircraft they can develop after all!

• Upvote 1

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

14 hours ago, cowpatz said:

Has DTG considered an updatable nav data base? or at least an option be available to update the nav database? Perhaps through a data provider like Jeppenson or Navigraph. One of the big drawbacks with current sims is that nav aids etc are cast in time. There are work arounds sure but they do have limitations.

We have updated some of the nav database already to 2015 data (USA, Western Europe and South America). We are looking to sort the rest of the world at a later point.

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

1 hour ago, HUSSAR said:

Is DTG planning on better integrating Oculus into the upcoming sim?

Can someone point me to FSW's features?

We are not worrying about VR for now. It would be nice to have, but we have a team of 15 people working on this project and we can't spare anyone to optimize the game for VR now. We are busy making the best PC sim we can instead!

Features can be found on the steam page here.

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

3 hours ago, Desaix said:

Liners are out?
You will probably have most if not all your legacy addons available in a matter of weeks. The fact that legacy 32-bit addons will not be compatible out of the box, meaning from Day 1, does not mean they can not be made available for the new platform after some recompiling by the respective developers. Otherwise, how could Orbx FTX Global work on the new platform?

Anyway, this is a more specific answer by Aimée about this:

How is the airport coverage included in the simulator, how many airports do we have?
I hope SWGO is included.
Also curious about the good surprise for FlightSchool owners, I'm on the list!

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

4 minutes ago, Dumont said:

How is the airport coverage included in the simulator, how many airports do we have?
I hope SWGO is included.

I'm hoping OTHH is included, since that's a big one.

3 minutes ago, Dumont said:

I don't have an exact number - pretty much everything that was in FSX plus however many the updated nav data gave us :biggrin:

Aimee Sanjari

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Suggestion:
A database where we can send coordinates, elevation, runway dimensions, a GoogleEarth image, for future inclusion of non-existent airports, I can guarantee there are many.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos