Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

20 hours ago, Paraffin said:

If that's true (a lot of assumptions here, I know), then it might complicate the idea of "simply" porting the same 64-bit version for two different sims.

While you have made some interesting points, understand that the only things that will require re-factoring to 64bits are the .dll (gauge and system) files. On the whole, they are typically very small in size in relation to the model's mesh and textures. IOW, their use of VAS is relatively miniscule.

Just as another point of reference, in anticipation I re-factored/compiled a sound module that allows myself and other developers to trigger custom sounds via XML scripts. The total process took just a bit over thirty minutes. It would have been quicker, but I managed to 'fat finger' a library file name the first time around and the compiler threw an error message. :blush:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

32 minutes ago, KavindaJD said:

New screenshot from Early Access:

Meh.

That looks SO unimpressive. I really hope it's just me.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I think DTG lied to us. They're using FlightGear as their base, not FSX.  :muah_lope:

24 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

That looks SO unimpressive. I really hope it's just me.

I'm pretty sure most of those assets (autogen [edit: I've been corrected below, those are Orbx], lighting, textures) are all default FSX, i.e. more than a decade old. This thing isn't even out of paid beta and it already feels dated. 

I wonder what they are trying to show with that shot.  If you exclude the mountains (which have no trees) and the sky and clouds, then it looks OK but I don't care for the sunlight color...but that's probably a native FSX sunset.

In the foreground is a good mixture of autogen and lights and the scenery is sharp...but the mountains are not sharp... needs trees.

You've got to start somewhere though.  P3D took years to get where its at today.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I will still wait for the final version. Hope they will improve it a lot visually speaking. 

For now, I´m really disapointed. I´ve been waiting for this simulator since they announced it back on 2014. 3 years later and I´m looking for something pretty much the same we had years ago.

4 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I'm pretty sure most of those assets (autogen, lighting, textures) are all default FSX, i.e. more than a decade old. This thing isn't even out of paid beta and it already feels dated. 

Those are definitely not FSX autogen buildings.  they are far too HD and crisp.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

3 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Those are definitely not FSX autogen buildings.  they are far too HD and crisp.

They are Orbx´s autogen models. What is quite disappointing. We have those models for years now.

I agree with ca_metal.As he said, I am waiting for this simulator since they announced it. I hope, they can improve the graphics a lot because this looks like fsx. (For example the cirrus clouds. They look like they have been cutted with a knife in the distance. Like in fsx: Maximum range of visibility: 160nm and after that, a clean cut and no clouds anymore.)

Doesn't look bad to me ?

But I noticed that so far no hint of sloped runways. Not a show stopper, but I would like to have it... They're already in X-Plane and in Aerofly FS 2.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Personally I'm glad to see another sim on the streets.

S

5 hours ago, ca_metal said:

They are Orbx´s autogen models. What is quite disappointing. We have those models for years now.

Perhaps we expected too much. We knew that FSX would be the basis, but I at least was hoping for something...... new. Especially after somebody somewhere (can't remember where) posted a triumphalist message about FSW making X-planes plausible world look like something done by a child (or something to that effect)

Eh.

We will see on release day. I would have purchased it (I purchase pretty much all the sims, even if just for curiosity's sake) but getting it for free is nice, too.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That image looks like it has high resolution DEM data. It also looks like the terrain is generating shadows on its self.

EDIT: The buildings are casting shadows on other buildings as well.