Sign in to follow this  
Alphafoxsierra

Introducing Flight Sim World!

1 hour ago, JSilva said:

Can you answer about Simconnect.

I know we have made substantial changes in the SimConnect department - I don't have a specific list of what we changed, but I do know our Third Party team is in regular touch with Aerosoft!

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

22 minutes ago, DTG_Aimee said:

I know we have made substantial changes in the SimConnect department - I don't have a specific list of what we changed, but I do know our Third Party team is in regular touch with Aerosoft!

Thanks. I'm kind of curious to what has changed. I admit, I'm not an addon developer, but the SimConnect client is one of the most important piece of software used by third party developers, next to the Software Development Kit.

Júnior Silva

Hi Aimee,

Though it is not a "game changer", nor is it a "bug", but I was wonder why the Achievements look like they came off a console game. If you look at what FSX has. They had very nice colored graphics depicting Trophies, Plaques, Medals, Certificates (that were printable), postcards and other special awards. Flight Sim World has 2-color icons.

I'm not asking for someone to change these now, but is there a chance that maybe you could find time to discuss getting a graphic artist to redesign your Awards?

Thanks.

PS: Just so you know, I created an entire binder to keep track of FSX Achievements and how to earn them. And just so I could create a nice shadow box to show my awards, I created my own military-style "Ribbon" design for each and every Award. I'd be happy to send you a picture of those pages, if you are interested.

Edited by GSpectre
just added the PS Note

Good day, I flown with fsw, I'm genuinely disappointed with the expectations, I imagined a flying simulator, a very strong contrast, it looks like the fsx and prepar3d bad copy. I expect a great improvement as graphics in general. The soil textures in italy are not realistic, only the global ftx has been inserted. Bo sincerely disappointed.

I think critical comments are valid, however we must all remember that things WILL improve, since this very much "early access". A reasonable amount of patience is called for at this moment, but us veterans of FSX and the others will be watching, with high hopes.

Hi Aimee,

There is suppose to be a Quality of Life update this week.  Do you know if the Invalid Platform error has been resolved?  

I am really sick and tired being told that "It will get fixed, it is a Steam issue".  Every simulator I own (FSX:MS+Accel, FSX:SE, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, XPL10 (Steam for PC and OS X), XPL11) works just fine, I don't get this silly error, but I do with FSW.  It sucks buying a new program and it simply won't work.  We are reaching the half way mark on when I have to request a refund, but right now I am aiming for that come May 30th, 1400 EDT; hmmm wonder where that date comes from.  At least you all could have put me on a beta update cycle and see if it resolves.  But I am loosing confidence in DTG!

Jhan Jensen

1 hour ago, StarBlue said:

Hi Aimee,

There is suppose to be a Quality of Life update this week.  Do you know if the Invalid Platform error has been resolved?  

I am really sick and tired being told that "It will get fixed, it is a Steam issue".  Every simulator I own (FSX:MS+Accel, FSX:SE, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, XPL10 (Steam for PC and OS X), XPL11) works just fine, I don't get this silly error, but I do with FSW.  It sucks buying a new program and it simply won't work.  We are reaching the half way mark on when I have to request a refund, but right now I am aiming for that come May 30th, 1400 EDT; hmmm wonder where that date comes from.  At least you all could have put me on a beta update cycle and see if it resolves.  But I am loosing confidence in DTG!

Jhan Jensen

Why have you put OS X in that list and not stated which products. Is X-Plane 11 running on OS X? Do you have any other 64bit products running on Windows? Is your version of Public or an Insider version? P3Dv3 can run on Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit) not saying you have that but... Sorry I had to ask and you've asked for help from the community and not provided any information. I'm not sure what Aimee can do, sorry mate but if it was a Dovetail issue then a lot more would be making a fuss.

Maybe some customisations in your Windows build has affected it. I know I have changed Windows regedit files to fool my Oculus Rift that I have a faster processor as I keep getting minimum specification warnings, but I'm digressing.

Let us know what version of Windows you are using. Not all versions of Windows 10 are 64bit and if it's an Insider version that can also cause issues with compatibility.

Steam is just verifying you meet minimum requirements and something is telling Steam that you are not meeting those requirement. Nothing that you have stated can prove that you are.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, JSilva said:

Thanks. I'm kind of curious to what has changed. I admit, I'm not an addon developer, but the SimConnect client is one of the most important piece of software used by third party developers, next to the Software Development Kit.

Some eager beavers at SimOuthouse have already coded an interface using the new FSW version of SimConnect.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

51 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Some eager beavers at SimOuthouse have already coded an interface using the new FSW version of SimConnect.

SPAD.neXt just released an open beta with FSW support (including support for Saitek Panels and FIPs). Fs-FlightControl supports FSW since yesterday. Both are Simconnect-based.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

dtrjones, this was aimed squarely at Aimee and DTG; I've read and tried all of the community threads on this and none have worked.  I have submitted a ticket to them, I've had many conversations with tech support on this.  They have been sent a ton of information on my setup, hardware, and Windows configuration.  I will give them to you if you would like, but they themselves have said they don't know why this is causing an issue; except they believe it a Steam issue.  Thus my question to them originally, note I am not trying to make DTG or FSW look bad but I am very tired of being told wait and don't do anything until we get back with you.  Since then (Friday of last week) it has been silence and I am sure if you had bought a new sim and it didn't work; you would want answers too.

Windows 10 x64 Home Edition (No registry hacks or changes, Creators Update), 12GB of RAM, 2TB of HD.  I am running, temporarily until my 1070 comes, an AMD GPU; it might be the cause of the issue but again it has been silent on their end.

StarBlue  - You are aware that the Creators update has created many problems don't you?  Microsoft snuck it in on me and it totally screwed my system, I did manage to roll back to a clean 1670 and all my problems went with it. Your problem might well not be with either DTG or Steam.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Some have had problems with creators update due the hardware on there PC NVidia rolled out drivers last month for window creators update, this is why Microsoft informed users not manually download and force the update which some did and caused problems, some simmers stick with an old driver because they like it, check your hardware drivers are up to date or rollback from creators update see if it fixes the problem.

Ray Fry. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 5/5/2017 at 10:42 AM, ark said:

Unfortunately, Pete Dowson says he has had no contact with DTG regarding FSUIPC and FSW, which likely makes FSW a non-player for me.

Al

No FSUIPC is a deal breaker for me as well! Without the ability to customize the assignment of controls/switches/buttons and to run Lua scripts, I won't be a customer of this endeavor.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, rjfry said:

Some have had problems with creators update due the hardware on there PC NVidia rolled out drivers last month for window creators update.

Great so I have to use a year old Windows (Anniversary Update) that is vulnerable.  I have five sims, times that by the number of add-ons I have and we are talking a huge re-investment of time to go backwards.  DTG really needs to make sure FSW works on the absolute most current version of Windows 10, Microsoft is super serious about updates.  Viva P3dv4!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, StarBlue said:

Great so I have to use a year old Windows (Anniversary Update) that is vulnerable.  I have five sims, times that by the number of add-ons I have and we are talking a huge re-investment of time to go backwards.  DTG really needs to make sure FSW works on the absolute most current version of Windows 10, Microsoft is super serious about updates.  Viva P3dv4!

I'm running the Creators Update (actually the updated/patched version) and FSW is running perfectly fine on my PC. So my guess is that your issue is not a common one, which does make it very difficult to track down. When I upgraded from P3D v2 to v3, I was unable to run the sim for like six months without it crashing, and that was a much more expensive sim.  This was not something that I could ever figure out, and I'm generally pretty good at that sort of thing. What finally fixed it was a major update release of the sim, along with a fresh install.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE