Sign in to follow this  
RuiMC

Austin talking about a certified A-320 in X-Plane 11

Cool! The video is dated May 03, 2017

Austin talking about a certified A-320 in X-Plane 11

• Upvote 3

i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB (X-Plane 11, X-Plane 10)

i7-2630QM 2.0Ghz, 12GB RAM, GTX560M 3GB (X-Plane 9, FSX, FS2004)

Hi RuiMC,

Thanks for the info. While I am not a fan of Airbus, the A320 will add to the general interest of XP11.

Jim Morgan

I couldn't tell if his reference to the A320 was for the consumer market or for his professional version.  If for the consumer version, I'm all for it!

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

32 minutes ago, Jimm said:

I couldn't tell if his reference to the A320 was for the consumer market or for his professional version.  If for the consumer version, I'm all for it!

I watched this when it first came out, and my impression was something like this:

1) Austin (Laminar) has been hired by a pro flight training client to develop a certified software model of the A320 fly by wire software. He said the contract hadn't gone through yet, but he's been working on it. 

2) He's been working on it enough that the A320 FBW software is actually now available in the current XP11 PlaneMaker as a checkbox for Airbus FBW (Stability section, I think). Presumably these are things like pitch/roll/yaw limits, overspeed protection through pitch-up, etc. All the stuff that keeps you from doing something stupid when the FBW system is fully active.

3) He would like to have an Airbus in X-Plane, and having the FBW system is obviously an advantage, but it would require flight modeling, a 3D artist, and all the rest. No promises, but we might see it in the default fleet eventually.

Airbus has been making noises lately about wanting to get licensing fees from consumer flight sims, and Laminar is probably in a good position to handle that without too much strain -- especially if they're working on pro contracts related to Airbus clients and training schools.

4) If the A320 FBW system is already in the sim, then that's a big leg-up for any 3rd party developer who want to develop a nice payware A320 model. 

So that's my take on it. It sounds like we'll get a deeply modeled Airbus eventually, but probably not right around the corner. :happy: 

• Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I couldn't have Parafined it better :-)... Oh ... sorry... Paraphrased !

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Already exists. I think still is incomplete though...but eventually will be fully simulated!

Hopefully with the new FMS/NAV SDK will be relatively not so hard to develop an Airbus. Will see.W78UrcD.jpg

• Upvote 1

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

9 minutes ago, Airboeing said:

Not yet. Maybe we'll se an A320 as a default plane in XP12.

Well at this point... it could be, I am a P3d user, mostly becsue of how goof the FSLabs is , but  P3d Sounds, sky and water are a lot better as well.

X-Plane has lots of good stuff, still not there (for me) but I always keep it installed and check updates.

Hope X-PLane 12 improves those as well

Well there already are good buses for X-Plane 11 which deserve the label "study level" (FF A320 and Toliss A319). However, if you really, really need the extreme detail and completeness of the FSLabs, you will probably be disappointed.

But then again, who does?

2 minutes ago, Airboeing said:

Well there already are good buses for X-Plane 11 which deserve the label "study level" (FF A320 and Toliss A319). However, if you really, really need the extreme detail and completeness of the FSLabs, you will probably be disappointed.

But then again, who does?

The way FLabs fly by wire works is simply stunning, I am not looking for 100% accurate reproduction (i am not going to do everything a real pilot does, but as close as iI personally can achieve), 

Water seems.. dull and repetitive, but I am sure some add on can impreve there, Active sky might get better sky as well, but the sound engine is still a long way off.

X-plane is improving fast, and again has lots of positives (this does not want to be an X-plane VS P3d post) but really right now down to personal rpeference P3d is nicer (to me).

Will look into the Buses you pointed ;)

2 hours ago, yabeweb said:

but the sound engine is still a long way off. 

What makes you think that ? I don't have P3D so I can't compare, but the fmod engine (which X-Plane uses) does spatialized sound and allows for any sophisticated mixing developers want based on datarefs (sim variables). All aircraft don't implement advanced sound yet, but if you have X-Plane, just listen at the default 737 in the latest beta !

Agreed on the other points though.

Pascal

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:40 PM, Pascal_LSGC said:

What makes you think that ? I don't have P3D so I can't compare, but the fmod engine (which X-Plane uses) does spatialized sound and allows for any sophisticated mixing developers want based on datarefs (sim variables). All aircraft don't implement advanced sound yet, but if you have X-Plane, just listen at the default 737 in the latest beta !

Agreed on the other points though.

Pascal

Well the way the sound is on P3d (again to me)seems a lot more realistic, still not perfect but way ahead, panning around the plane really gives you the sensation of walking around, on X-plane (at least the plane i have ...) it sounds the same no matter where you "look from".

Also the fly by sounds like a slot car sopunds in iOS games :P.    It might be down to plane develoer, but that opens up another can of worms, while there are great developers on X-plane (and some do payware stuff for free) there is simply nothing comparable to say FSLABS / PMDG as in depht (model + dynamics + sounds + immersion) as of yet.

Again this is not an A vs B, and I enjoy X-Plane as much as you guys (been here since version 8 and saw HUGE leaps).

Not there yet for me and soon there will be a new kifd in town FS 2020, so better prepare the claws :D