Sign in to follow this  
Airfighter

New X-Aviation Download Policy

Quoting Cameron from X-Aviation:

Captains,

It's crazy to think X-Aviation has been in business for 10 years already, but that's the reality and time really does fly! When we first launched X-Aviation it was somewhat during the "pioneering" time of payware add-ons for X-Plane. At that time, one of the only ways to combat piracy or keep overhead costs for server bandwidth down as an e-commerce shop was to restrict download attempts. So, when we launched X-Aviation we naturally had this built into the store and it has remained a part of the system from the get-go.

We have always maintained a process of allowing our customers to click the 'Request Reset' button once the download expired to get your links refreshed, but this has understandably been less than ideal for our customers and even for us from a support load standpoint. We live in a content-driven world now, and bandwidth has become cheaper compared to 10 years ago. More importantly, we understand the sense of instant gratification the Internet brings, so having to request a reset for a download can be a real pain. It means you need to wait for one of our staff to manually verify the link and have it reset, sometimes taking a few days for that link to be refreshed.

With the above said, we have coded up a new download system for our store. Effective immediately, all aircraft and object based scenery downloads will be unlimited and without an expiry date. This policy affects all of your purchases, new and old.

We have dedicated many resources to various aspects of our products and store, but this is one area we neglected to bring up to speed until now. It's not earth-shattering news, but it should be very welcome news to you, and we sincerely hope it removes a pain point for you and your desire to have a seamless flight simulation adventure using our products.

Thank you for your past patronage, and we're looking forward to serving you more in the future!

Blue Skies!

X-Pilot.com link: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12929-new-x-aviation-download-policy/

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/XAviation/

• Upvote 3

LES_signature_300px.png.fb92590eee91bc5f31a172293bd6014f.png

Good news indeed!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

And there are more to come... I will let the official announcements to reveal them!

I'm very glad to see they've done this, it will hopefully get rid of the frequent XA complaints about download resets and allow them to dedicate more resources to support 

• Upvote 1

A very welcome change, great news!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Agree, it will be a welcome change!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Although I never personally encountered issues with them, it does add some reassurance to know that my purchases are safe. Definitely a good move.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

6 hours ago, tonywob said:

I'm very glad to see they've done this, it will hopefully get rid of the frequent XA complaints about download resets and allow them to dedicate more resources to support 

[The following is from Ben Russell; Gizmo creator]

Actually one of the upcoming features is about DRM and how to manage your licenses through X-Plane.

For example... You have installed your addon in 3 PCs, and you update one your OS. That means that, you will need to reset the license limit. You will able, within the X-Plane, to de-activate the old OS-related license and use it for the new installation. Immediately. No need to ask for reset or wait for anything.

And new Gizmo is coming! That means that soon Gizmo powered products will become X-Plane 11 compatible.

1 hour ago, Jimmy RFR said:

Although I never personally encountered issues with them, it does add some reassurance to know that my purchases are safe. Definitely a good move.

I never had issues either....  but agree.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

X-Aviation is a great company.  I've never had any sort of issue, and look forward to what they might be doing with SMP(x)!  I will never forget that they were the first into the frey, regarding an add on Cloud Engine...and will always be interested to see what they have raised the bar on. This news about your purchases is great.

Ses

Yeah,

X-Aviation could turn my interest back to X-Plane, if the successful implementation of Moon and Sun Ephemeris are coming with the next SMP version :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Yeah,

X-Aviation could turn my interest back to X-Plane, if the successful implementation of Moon and Sun Ephemeris are coming with the next SMP version :)

Hey jcomm, I've seen you post on this topic a couple of times so just wanted to clarify what's coming in SMP 4.5 with regards to the ephemeris model. We are drawing our own sky with our own ephemeris model in this version, but we still need to ensure our representation of the sun and moon is consistent with X-Plane's lighting of the terrain and other objects. X-Plane does  not simulate any specific year, but we've found that the year 2014 is a pretty close match to what X-Plane represents. So you should get realistic sun, moon, star, and planet positions in SMP 4.5 - if you assume the year is 2014! I've talked a bit with Laminar about this, and as soon as they fix this on their end we'll update our model to match it.

• Upvote 2

now that's listening to ones customers needs! Others should observe.