Sign in to follow this  
andreh

Is there apoint to getting Orbx Regions if you fly tubeliners?

40 minutes ago, downscc said:

I would be upset if I couldn't have my FTX regions.  For example So Cal, I was born on the Mojave desert and default textures cover the desert with beige sand but deserts are wonderfully diverse and sometimes even colorful.  FTX So Cal even adds the old potash plant at Trona, one valley West of Death Valley, where I was born and the trip at FL360 includes dry lakes, old lava flows and even sand dunes where they exist.  Wonderful.

One can spend months exploring all the FTX regions with a copter, and never once get bored. Every airport and bit of scenery that Orbx has done with these regions is amazing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I only fly PMDG tubes. Having said that:

I just upgraded from P3D V 2.5 to V3 just to accommodate the new PMDG 747. It was brutal transition in terms of cost and time - and well worth it - but I wouldn't have even considered the move if couldn't bring along the FTX Nor Cal. 

...Now, I could've done without without the FTX So Cal scenery as I can't tell difference between the default scenery and the FTX scenery. <vbg> 

What I'm getting here is that it would be a waste of money for me. Global + Vector already looks pretty darn good. There are no regions where I come from - Sweden - I live in London and it would be cool to see the Shard flying into heathrow but I think I'll spend the money on beer instead.  :-)

I only fly the below aircraft. I would never dream of using regions.

OLC Europe/USA is perfect with vector on low settings.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

When flying in/to FTX regions disabling all Vector and Landclass entries (in scenery.cfg) reduces VAS. Vector/LC is not needed in ORBX FTX full fat regions as it is already included.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).